Overview: Under general supervision, this position is responsible for analyzing, developing, recommending, and implementing innovative technology solutions that meet the business needs of the company and its clients.
- Meets with users and Business Systems Analysts to develop requirements, perform analysis, prepare specifications, design systems, code, test and implement programs/systems to production using turnover management system
- Analyzes user requests or problems to reach and implement solutions independently
- Maintains and enhances existing AS400 applications using RPG, RPG/ILE, AS400 Query and SQL
- Monitors performance of programs after implementation
- Prepares design documentation, system documentation including test plan and user instructions.
- Resolves production problems to provide continuous operations. Provides on-call support.
- Trains and supports other team members. Performs Code review.
- Works cooperatively with Business Systems Analysts, Quality Assurance Analysts, RPG Programmers and users to accomplish objectives
- Uses proper diplomacy when communicating with client companies
- Upholds performance standards
- Performs all job duties in accordance with deadlines established by management
- Performs all job duties in accordance with departmental standards for accuracy, quality and productivity
Prerequisites for the Job
- Minimum 5+ years previous business systems analysis experience
- Familiarity with computerized policy administration system for insurance industry
- Knowledge of Turnover, Hawkeye and Adhoc Reporting Tool
- Knowledge of I-Series (AS/400), DB2, RDBMS, DMS and BPM a plus
- Proficiency in oral and written English language communication
- Willingness to work cooperatively with others
- Able to manage multiple tasks and projects under time constraints
- Well organized
- B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent, including completion of relevant coursework
- Physical and mental requirements for professional personnel