Digital Marketing Data Analyst
Seeking a driven, self-motivated, analytics guru with excellent quantitative and analytical skills for our New York Marketing division. The analyst's primary role is to develop and maintain high quality analysis and actionable business insights to help inform planning and make recommendations to meet business goals for marketing and editorial teams. In addition, the position will help support other Audience Development goals related to SEO, emails, newsletters, content programming and paid search marketing related to priority business areas.
This position will be responsible for supporting marketing and editorial teams by managing and analyzing online traffic data, customer segmentations, profiling and modeling practices, maintaining performance tracking, analyze product marketing behavioral data, campaign and channel effectiveness, and providing additional data support as needed.
Traffic Review and Analysis
- Support Marketing and Editorial Teams developing and providing daily, weekly and monthly reporting using Enterprise reporting tools and other means.
- Tracking, synthesizing, and analyzing large volumes of web traffic data (unique users, visits, sessions, page views, pathing, etc.) and user behavior data (retention/attrition, profiling, opt-outs etc.) for website and products, including apps.
- Investigate any significant changes in traffic patterns and engagement, and assist in identifying root causes.
- Partner with Business Intelligence team (BI) to define business logic and requirements, test and deliver data solutions to support acquisition and engagement strategies
- Provide historical performance, trending and benchmarking analysis
User Segmentation & Profiling
- Create a comprehensive understanding of user behaviors and attributes that drives strategy, improves the user experience, and increases user engagement.
- Analyze customer data to create customer profiles, segmentations, and trend analyses, LTV modeling and response analysis
- Mine data to detect patterns, opportunities and insights that drive our personalization strategy
- Develops segmentation, propensity, and look-a-like modeling of individuals across known, identified and anonymous audiences for acquisition, retention, attrition, incremental lift, churn, next-best action/next best channel, and more
Marketing Campaign Analysis
- Perform advanced analytics to understand and measure success of programs, including click through analysis, retention, re-engagement and A/B testing.
- Deliver trend analysis for traffic delivery and newsletter subscription activities
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Insightful, easy to understand reports that meet business needs
- Keen understanding of how marketing strategies and tactics drive end user behavior for an online website and customer database
- Delivery of trend analysis for website, registration and marketing activities
- Provide daily/weekly/monthly reports and insights into changing patterns with an understanding of business initiatives that may be driving the changes
- Deliver timely accurate reports
- Provide recommendation on report automation and business process improvement
- Work cross-functionally to investigate traffic anomalies
- A bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science, Statistics or a related discipline
- Self-motivated, proactive, rigorous attention to detail, and self-sufficient with the ability to drive intelligent, creative, and action-oriented results
- Highly analytical with ability to extract and analyze large amounts of data and draw actionable insights and recommendations
- 4-6 years' experience of customer analytics and database marketing experience across online and offline marketing, including modeling skills as well as integrated marketing measurement techniques
- Excellent data skills including strong knowledge and experience of database structures and CRM tools. Experimental test design (A/B split, multivariate testing) experience a plus
- Minimum 3 years' experience with databases such as Oracle, MS Access, etc.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in report writing and reporting applications.
- Knowledge of SQL, and ability to understand data relationships, provide insights and deliver results
- Minimum 3 years of practical experience with Excel. Must be proficient with advanced analytic functions such as vlookup, named ranges, pivot tables, graph creation formulas, etc.
- Experience with Tableau a big plus.
- Experience with web analytics and Omniture reporting and/or Google Analytics
- Proficiency with business intelligence tools (SAS, SPSS, or R, etc.)
- Knowledge of web metrics (e.g. Visits, Unique Users, Page Views, Impressions, Clicks, CTR)
- Prior experience in online or internet based company.
- Ability to work through problems and provide solutions
- Microsoft office suite
- Database query tools: Oracle Developer, DB Visualizer
- Business Intelligence reporting platforms : Tableau
- Web analytics tools: Omniture Site Catalyst, Google Analytics
- Reporting Platform: Linux