The Health and Welfare Database Administration team within our client Production Support Services organization is looking to hire an Postgres DBA to help DBAs implement an open source databse infrastructure to support a new application. This Database Operations team provides 24x7 database administration services for the Heath and Welfare business. This team partners closely with all the Production Operations team, Enterprise Infrastructure teams, and WS IT Development organizations to provide efficient application, product stability and availability. This is accomplished in multiple environments employing diverse database technologies.
Education and Experience
- Implementation of the Native open source Postgres 9.6 database software in a large scale environment. - Rollout database builds in various production and non production environments such as Development, QA and Performance.
- Implementation of postgres 9.6 database backup, recovery, and monitoring procedures across all environments.
- Performance tuning of PostgreSQL database in an ESX RHEL 7.1 environment.
- Constant interaction across multiple project teams in analyzing their database needs and providing timely tactical and strategic database solutions.
- Works on complex assignments and often multiple phases of a project
Skills and Knowledge
- 3+ years of PostgreSQL experience.
- Experience with Linux RHEL shell scripting
- PostgreSQL database access language such as psql.
- Performance/tuning options and tools
- Database utilities
- Knowledge of Automation, other DBMS such as Oracle,Agile implementation, ZFS snapshot/clone procedure and EDB Postgres is a plus.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal/customer skills
- Good communication and team skills
- Experience is implementing Postgres databases on Virtual Linux server technologies such as ESX clusters, Linux RHEL 7.1
- Expertise in Installation of Native Postgres database version 9.6 with development software extensions such as protobuf-c, postGIS, libxml2 etc.
- Expertise in Integrating databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle) through Apache kafka with topics generated using schema, Registry(Avro formats), Decoder-bufs(protobuf formats), Debezium, Kafka-connect.
- Expertise in database creation, tablespace organization, users and schema designs.
- Knowledge in Postgres database internals along with configurations. (Client connectivity, database parameter configurations etc.)
- Implementation of tools to manage operational procedures such as production-?DR replication, failover, monitoring, performance, backup and restores.