Big Data Engineer
Designs, develops, modifies, adapts and implements solutions to information technology needs through new and existing applications, systems architecture, systems strategy, integration services and applications infrastructure to meet client requirements.
Reviews system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions.
Designs, codes, tests and/or customizes solutions to meet client requirements.
May support systems infrastructure, desktop or network architects by preparing detailed specifications.
Develops new technology product ideas or strategic product extensions for internal use or as commercial products.
Establishes technology product specifications, and collaborates with various functions to ensure successful product development and implementation.
Ideal Candidate should have the following:
Min BS degree (economics, statistics, mathematics) with knowledge of computer programming.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms and common architectures: AWS, Google
- Strong Familiarity with Big Data technologies and architectures: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Good Programming Skills: Python, Java, Scala, R, SQL
- Experience with containers and scalable computing platforms: Docker (ECS), Mesos, Kubernetes-
Demonstrable ability to write, optimize and troubleshoot complex SQL queries to retrieve and analyze data from databases such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL and/or PostgreSQL.
- Hands-on working knowledge of SQL, relational databases, and data warehouse architectures.
- 1+ year of experience in any of the following next gen tools and technologies: Hadoop, HIVE, Pentaho(preferred), Mapreduce, Python, Scala, R, Spark, Tableau.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.