job summary: Only GC holders and US Citizens apply.
Assist ISP personnel with troubleshooting, support and maintenance of network elements and connections required to support revenue generating networks. Work to provide enterprise-wide tiered support on converged distribution and access network elements and connections as needed. May provide support for moderate services and other products.
location: Miami Beach, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
- Area level Data Network Design, including IP Router, IP Switch, Ethernet, Packet Transport, High Speed Internet, etc.
- Order tracking and coordination with internal customers
- Provide for future demands for marketing, and sales requirements
- Provide economical, innovative, achievable solutions to challenges presented
- Advise, consult, and coordinate with other departments on network requirements and development of implementation plans
- Ensure network standards and practices are followed and enforced
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science or related field; two-year degree and three plus years of OSP/ISP working experience; Military training in related field and four years of OSP/ISP working experience
- CCNA or comparable Data Network Certification a plus
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have a desire to learn new skills, practices, etc., and keep up with technological changes
- Must have a sound knowledge of the practice of taking field notes
- Must have a sound understanding of various engineering practices and procedures
- Must be flexible, reliable, team-oriented,patient, and a self-starter
- Must be able to travel intermittently for training and client visits
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle report (MVR)
- Must have a sound knowledge of the layout of Central Office and Remote equipment
- Must have a sound knowledge of accounting and budgeting practices
- Must have a sound knowledge special circuit, and Ethernet circuit design
- Must have a sound understanding of digital, ATM, IP and Ethernet technology
- Must have demonstrated demonstrated organization skills and be able to manage multiple priorities
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.