Outside Plant (OSP) Engineer
- Design of telecommunication distribution projects such as aerial, buried and underground projects, new facility projects, new customer service-related projects and service order work.
- Prepare site drawings and construction drawings for various telecommunication facilities in a cost-effective manner.
- Prepare permit drawings as required.
- Document changes to or modifications of specifications within customers' systems.
- Interpret codes, standards, requirements, and guidelines to complete assigned projects.
- Interpret engineering drawings and assist with layout/design engineering work for construction.
- Manage workflow and time so customer service level agreements are met.
- Take ownership to understand all guidelines and applicable codes, design and construction standards specific to each project.
- Communicate with management and provide work status updates daily.
- Interact with customer and project team to resolve issues.
- Perform self-check and quality control of work for completeness, accuracy, customer requirements, and overall presentation.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associate's degree or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1-2+ years of telecommunications experience required.
- Working knowledge of Telecommunications industry standards and practices required.
- Familiarity with BSTCAD, Microstation, AutoCAD and/or Visio preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Ability to read and understand highway/road prints is desired.
- Knowledge of easement, right-of-way, and permit documents is preferred.
- Must have demonstrated organization skills and be able to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to prioritize and complete assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Able to effectively handle multiple priorities with a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communications skills.
- Must be able to work alone, and with a team.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job.
- Frequent walking, standing, sitting within the work area.
- Lifting of up to 20 pounds less than one-third of the time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, management, peers, et al.