Network Security Engineer
Randstad Technologies has an immediate need with our long-standing end customer, a leading Retail company with offices in Irving TX.
6+ month project to sit onsite in Irving TX.
- 4+ years Information Security/Network Security experience required.
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP protocol suite, TCP/IP headers and packet analysis techniques, OSI model, and commonly used ports and associated services.
- Must possess advanced security monitoring skills and an advanced understanding of log and event monitoring and reporting systems, network/host protocols, vulnerability, risk, and exploit identification/analysis/mitigation techniques, hacker methodologies, and security incident prevention/mitigation techniques.
- Experience with the tuning of IDS/IPS, firewall ACL's and rule sets.
- Network engineering and local and wide area (LAN/WAN) technologies and topologies.
- Understanding of routing and switching protocols, etc.
- 3+ more years of experience with Palo Alto Networks Firewalls
- 1 or more years of experience with Palo Alto Networks Panorama
- In-depth understanding of a comprehensive information security program and the constituent components.
- Able to provide presentation grade documentation in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Visio
- Must possess the ability to build strong relationships with internal customers that result in positive support of IS processes.
- Solid understanding of the evolving security and privacy controls environment, regulatory landscape and risk management techniques, principles and practices
- Ability to provide risk based recommendations and direction
- Ability to educate clients of the risk implications associated with a particular business decision, and communicate the likelihood and impact of those decisions so clients can fully quantify those risks
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a team
- Self-motivated and results-oriented, including ability to prioritize several conflicting demands.
- Process oriented thinking with demonstrated ability to learn and apply critical thinking to a variety of situations
- Positive customer service and team attitude
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or engineering preferred
- Applicable certification and/or training
- Retail experience
Responsibilities: The Network Security Engineer is responsible for working with the information technology staff to ensure governance and operations management at the store network environment are compliant with the corporate security policies and procedures. This is a project position, reporting to the project manager and the Director of Security Operations. Responsibilities include, manage hierarchical firewall rules on Palo Alto Networks Panorama, reviewing alerts and events from network devices and other IT network infrastructure to identify, respond, and mitigate unauthorized changes, potential attacks, failed attacks, and other anomalous activity of internal users and external entities. Works with IT support staff and external vendors such as AT&T to ensure that all systems are up-to-date with vendor issued security patches and managed appropriately. This role will be expected to assess the network environment, find gaps, remediate issues and create new policies and standards as required.
- Take the lead in the governance of network security of the store environment, specifically firewalls management
- Identifies and documents event patterns that need to be monitored and communicates this with IT Operations and other teams needed to produce the required alerts and reports
- Identifies gaps and documents monitoring policies and procedures.
- Provides periodic metrics as agreed with management.
- Manage all firewall policies in a hierarchical device group across 100 devices in Panorama.
- Provide guidance for change control requests
- Strictly follow and enforce company standards
- Effectively and quickly communicate issues to management
- Monitors network for security incidents, discovery of vulnerable systems, and take actions to prevent or mitigate security incidents to contribute to overall IT service availability, reliability, and integrity objectives.
- Be the single point of contact for AT&T Managed Security Services
- Conduct information security assessments using industry accepted best practices and approaches to support business goals and objectives
- Collaborate with application teams on information security best practices for deploying firewall rules and provide guidance on cost-effective strategies for improvements of firewall implementations