Lead SAP Basis Administrator
A client of ours in San Antonio, Texas is looking for a Lead SAP Basis Administrator for a contract to possible hire opportunity. Qualified candidates will have the following qualifications:
The Lead SAP Basis administrator is an integral technology resource within the SAP Basis team with primary responsibility for the technical operation support of the client SAP application landscape.
- Perform SAP software application installation, configuration, integration, upgrade, unicode conversion enhancement pack deployment, support pack and kernel patch update in a windows environment running on Oracle and SQL server database systems.
- Research and provide SAP architecture and implementation strategyin sync with SAP release roadmaps that delivers an efficient and effective platform consistent with SAP best practices and scalable to growing business demands
- Provide support to multiple SAP landscapes to include ABAP, Java and dual stack systems utilizing standarized operating practices to perform system refreshes, client copies, performance monitoring tuning, OSS note application, backup and restore of SAP database systems, application proof of concept, capacity planning and capacity management.
- Monitor, analyze, identify and respond to trends in system performance and resource utilization with SAP technology stack, work with the required teams to identify database hardware and network failure scenarios, determine root cause and assist in resolution of issues discovered
- Provide in depth experience in technical and operational support of multiple components of SAP systems and integration with OS, DB, server, network layers and interface with 3rd party products.
- Collaborate across IT groups including with DBA, datacenter, system adminstration, network, functional, development and security teams to assist in driving solutions in Support of all SAP technical operation strategy.
- Define, create, review, update and maintain standard operational procedure documentation relating to SAP application support processes
- Participate in change control meetings, monthly maintenance meetings and rotational on call support
Minimum undergraduate degree required. Minimum 7 years experience supporting SAP system landscape in a Microsoft Windows Environment required. Experience in administration of ECC6 plus at least one or more of the following SAP applications: PI, BW, HANA, SLT, Data services, BOBJ, CRM, CLM, CE, Enterprise Portal, SolMan and TDMS. Skillset in ABAP and Java stacks of various SAP enterprise application modules. Support of SAP environment on Oracle and or SQL server databases.
Candidate must have the following skills:
SAP Enterprise Portal
SAP NetWeaver Gateway