Senior Software Configuration Management Analyst
Company is looking for a Senior Software Configuration Management Analyst for 2-6 months to provide primary support of daily patch process and release process from SCM perspective for a large business unit.
Job title: Senior Software Configuration Management Analyst
Why open: I met with Brian on Friday and he has someone leaving his team unexpectedly. This isn't a published job and right now we are ½ vendors working it.
Duration: between 2-6 months but extend further. Brian explained that for the right person, this could turn to a CTH.
Location: Carmel, IN Headquarters
*Local candidates only being considered at this time.
Duties: Provide primary support of daily patch process and release process from SCM perspective for a large business unit. Administer tools listed below as well as granting/removing access where appropriate. Provide input to modernization projects as needed and other duties as assigned.
Technologies/Tools: SVN, HP PPM, Jenkins, CruiseControl, Artifactory, ClearCase, ClearQuest
TOP 3 Skills:
1. Change Management Tools: SVN, HP PPM, Jenkins, CruiseControl, Artifactory, ClearCase, ClearQuest (a combo is ideal but most important is SVN)
2. Excellent organizational skills as changes for all supported applications must be tracked for proper deployment and representation.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills as communication with development, testing, and release management teams necessary.
5-7 years of relevant experience
Knowledge of Change management processes
Knowledge of Build management processes
Interview Process: 1. 20-30 minute phone screen with hiring manager 2. In-person panel interview
Company is asking talent recruiters to gauge expertise and confidence of candidates with the following sample questions prior to sending resumes along:
- How do you take care of tree conflict in SVN?
- What is the purpose of Artifactory?
- How can Artifactory be used for maven Jenkins build output?
- How can you revert to a previous version in SVN?
- A build fails in Jenkins, what do you do?
- Are you familiar with SOX controls?
- How do you check for modifications in SVN?
*Will need to send corresponding answers to HM with resume.