Sr IT Data Analyst
Primary point of contact for interface between data users and IS teams. Formulates and defines systems? scope and objectives through research and fact-finding, combined with a basic understanding of business and IT systems. Conduct complex analysis and research of business and user data needs, documenting requirements , create source to target mappings and revising existing logic, as necessary. Perform analysis of data needs for users and cross reference to data sources in IT systems. Perform highly complex analysis and present identified opportunities to management and make recommendations for cost savings. Continuously monitor performance and data quality plans to identify improvements. ----
- Reviews programming requests and work with business users and technical staff to identify, gather, analyze, and document data requirements.---
- Articulates and presents data analysis results clearly and concisely to programming staff.---
- Develops requirements tractability matrix to be used in software development and QA testing.---
- Provides coaching, mentoring, and training for Data Analysts.---
- Works with data users to document current work flow processes and collaborate with users in identifying, defining, and documenting process improvement options and alternatives, as directed by business needs.---
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality---
- Works with data users to define and document business rules.---
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets---
- Participates in systems development efforts.---
- Participates in testing, acceptance testing and implementation of information systems, modules and subsystems.---
- Provides user support during application software implementations.---
- Participates in training users on application software.---
- Prepares and updates project plans.
- Assist QA testing team, when necessary.---
- Provide Project Management on small application development projects, when necessary.
A Bachelor's Degree in a related field Information Systems or related field Required---or equivalent work experience Additional 2 years of work experience required without Bachelor's degree Required ----
2+ years of experience in full Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) in agile and waterfall methodologies with an understanding of the business impact of applications and the information technology available to meet those needs Required---4+ years of experience in Business, systems, or data analysis Required---Other Health care experience Preferred---Other Project Management experience Preferred ----
Demonstrated analytical skills Intermediate---Ability to identify basic problems and procedural irregularities, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions Intermediate---Other Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals or technical procedures. Intermediate---Other Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients and customers Beginner---Other Ability to think logically in solving assigned problems and to present recommendations with clarity in written and graphic form. Intermediate---Other Must be able to document and diagram solutions using standard formats. Documentation must be grammatically correct, factually accurate, and appropriate to the target audience.
- Other Database Design, Construction, Tuning and Query Intermediate Preferred
- Other Ability to interpret a complex variety of technical instructions, and deal with several abstract and concrete variables Intermediate Required---
- Other Business Intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, Cognos, SAS, etc. Intermediate Required
- Other Data Cleansing and Transformation Intermediate Required