Seeking a Java/J2EE engineer to provide technical consultation and support in the development of computer applications and programs for the COLTS application. COLTS stands for the Credit Online Transaction System and serves as a front-end to the mainframe System of Record. The selected candidate will analyze business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign computer solutions. Develops original and/or complex code or provides coding guidance to less experienced staff. Leads and/or performs modeling, simulations and analysis efforts. Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs. Participates in overall systems testing. Leads the migration of applications to production. Develops new documentation, participates in the development of department technical procedures and designs user guides. Able to work independently. As an escalation point for application support and troubleshooting, provides guidance and direction to less experienced staff in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems. Leads projects, including assignment of tasks, and provides direction and guidance to less experienced staff. Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees updating and testing of the business continuation plan. 7+ years application development and implementation experience.
- 7+ years technical background/experience including development, building and deploying applications to test environments
- 4+ years development experience in Java, J2EE and Web Services (SOAP and RESTful)
- 2+ years working experience on Tomcat/WebLogic application server as an App Server to host applications.
- 2+ years of experience in production support for a web internet or intranet application including troubleshooting and fixing production defects
- 2+ year experience in JSP, Java Script, Servlets, Ajax, XML, Struts and Spring framework -Proven experience in using SQL queries and PL/SQL with Oracle databases
- Ability to effectively communicate with individuals within all levels of technical and non-technical skills
- Demonstrated experience developing web application using AJAX or JQuery or Jason
- 3+ years working experience in IDEs such as Eclipse etc.
- Production applications status monitoring using tools such as AppDynamics.
- SDLC Build Tools using GitHub, Gradle, Jenkins and Udeploy