End to End / OTW Test Engineer
End-to-End / OTW Test Engineer
Randstad Technologies is working with a client in Reston, VA supporting efforts around identifying an individual to fulfil a contract opening with the client who will work with stakeholders and business owners to ensure that scheduling, testing and reporting are provided for each consumer of the Spruce environment.
The Engineer will deliver systems performance measures in support to the IT/OPS teams including:
- System management assistance
- Reporting assistance
- Troubleshooting and operational support.
The Engineer collaborates with management, developers, and automation team members to identify and plan for Functional automation coverage and implementation strategy.
The individual ensures that these plans are properly implemented and operated.
The Engineer will closely support IT staff to ensure a cohesive process
for the consumers of performance testing environment including the duration of
testing and the appropriate exit criteria for completion of stress testing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and document automated test strategies, plans, and scripts based on executing an analysis of the requirements and specifications for each project initiative, to include analysis for data driven and/or record and playback approaches
- Develop, document and review performance test plans and strategies to ensure all of the client's systems can sustain the projected load / volume in production environment
- Perform Automated testing by executing test plans for each project utilizing testing software tools (RFT) which should include an optimal combination of data-driven testing vs. 'record and playback' testing
- Assisting QA Analysts and/or Performance Test Engineers on selected projects in sharing knowledge on Automated testing and helping personnel with building automated scripts, and executing Performance Testing
- Provide system administration support in the stress environment.
- Coordinate and assist the deployment of applications into the stress environment
- Provide software configuration management and tracking for the stress environment
- Provide an interface and coordination point between the SE and IG teams
- Collect all test artifacts and store those artifacts in the project repository.
- Work with the other members of the IT team to execute the test cases
- Implement assigned portions of the stress/performance testing infrastructure plan
- Work with resource owners in line-of-business organizations to ensure the stress environment is prepared for the consumers use
- Assist resource owners and IT staff in understanding and responding to questions or actions raised during stress testing
- Consult with IT and other organization management to ensure enforcement of stress environment policies and procedures
Two (2) years experience with minimum of one (1) of the following required:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field
- Batch jobs, Informatica, ETL, Flux
- Testing networks, enterprise-wide system upgrades, VOIP, telephonyExperience with back-end test designing required (i.e. multiple system integration testing)
- Experience with both manual and automated test designing required
- Experience working in an environment using Agile SDLC Methodology required,
- Experience with Agile tools and technology is preferred
- Related Skills & Other Requirements:
- Experience with techniques of problem identification, documentation, resolution, and testing
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including public speaking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Computer literacy, including knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, Visio, MS Project, XMLSpy, SQL Server Query Analyzer
- Problem resolution skills
- Java, Infrastructure, cloud tools and technologies
B.S. computer science
If you or someone you know may be interested in being considered for this contract End-to-End / OTW Test Engineer
opening with our client in Reston, VA, please send all resumes to email@example.com ASAP!