Senior Developer for developing investment analysis, research and trading applications utilizing innovative technologies such as big data, machine learning and cloud.
- Develop software programs including design, build and test in various software technologies, application programs for asset management functions.
- Research into new and emerging technologies, work with the team to perform proof of concepts and document results.
- Deliver innovative designs of high complexity which allow building a scalable end to end architecture.
- Accountable for providing estimates and logical work plan to deliver applications on time and within budget that meets or exceeds quality standards.
- Perform analysis and evaluation of new data sources, products and solutions used in asset management space.
- Perform application sprint planning activities such as maintaining product backlog.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leverage in depth knowledge of multiple (new and emerging) technologies to design and implement strategic technical solutions in accordance with business needs.
- Interpret written business requirements, functional requirements and technical specification documents to design and develop technical solutions that meet business needs.
- Maintain project task lists and update timely. Provide status and progress updates to Manager.
- Collaborate with IT and Business partners to design, develop, and troubleshoot end to end technical solutions.
- Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates that meet SDLC standards.
- Perform system design and specification development, program logic and flow-charting that meets the stated project objectives.
- Identify and communicate technical risks, issues, and changes.
- Investigate, analyze and document reported defects.
1. Strong programming experience using Java/JEE technologies.
2. Hands on development experience with Spring, Microservices, REST Services and python.
3. Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services.
4. Experience with working on unix (linux) environment. (Shell scripting, Basic commands, unix editors)
5. Experience with gathering and processing raw data at scale (including writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, write SQL queries, etc.).
6. Experience with different database technologies Oracle, MongoDB or other nosql databases and ability to write queries, joins, DML and DDL.
7. Familiarity with Development tools (Eclipse, git etc.), design/UML tools, profiling/tuning tools.
8. Experience with DevOps or CI/CD process and related build/deploy tools (ANT/Maven/Serena/Nolio/Jenkins).
9. Good understanding of enterprise architecture and operational procedures such as availability, recovery, archiving etc.
10. Excellent communication and presentation skills. Experience communicating with senior investment professionals such as portfolio managers and traders.
11. Knowledge of AI/Machine Learning and their use in asset management space.
1. Experience with following technologies a plus
a. Vaadin (UI framework), Big Data (Hadoop and and related tools such as Solr, Hive, Pig, Spark etc.), Zaloni.
b. Ability to develop shell scripts or other scripts (such as Perl/python/R).
c. AWS or Google Cloud or Azure.
d. Knowledge in data mining, machine learning, natural language processing, or information retrieval.
2. Familiarity with order management, portfolio construction, reference data/market data etc.
3. Strong analytical aptitude.