IT Network Administrator
The IT Network Administrator will be responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of a reliable, secure and efficient data communications network. The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge of server and network concepts. In addition, this role requires strong detail orientation and a quick learner with superior organizational skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines. The qualified candidate will demonstrate sound business judgment, a high degree of integrity and objectivity and innovation in approaching project challenges.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Installation and configuration of Windows 2012 R2 servers
- Perform and manage AD changes, Group Policy and Scripts
- Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords
- Office 365 Administration
- Resolve problems reported by end user
- Install, manage and maintain Windows servers, applications, and SAN
- Effectively manage LAN/WAN providing solid troubleshooting skills, maintenance, and network
- Maintain IT equipment including workstations and laptops, hardware replacements, upgrades,
patches, and perform troubleshooting
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, and latency)
- Management of network switches, firewalls, and routers
- Administration of Microsoft Exchange
- Provide network security
- Management of VPN client accounts
- Define network policies and procedures
- Specify system requirements and design solutions
- Apply analytical skills in order to solve complex technical problems and recommend alternatives
- Effectively communicate complex technical issues both orally and in writing
- Document support procedures specific to network systems
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships and good customer service
1. Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic construction environment on major capital project
2. Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
3. Excellent communication skills including superior proofreading and editorial skills
4. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
5. Strong problem solving skills and ability to work effectively under pressure
6. Must have exceptional interpersonal, communication, leadership and presentation skills
7. Ability to work collaboratively with others to solve issues quickly and cost effectively
8. Must thrive in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment
9. Solid project management and time management skills with the ability to balance and prioritize workload and multiple projects
10. Routinely carries/lifts, moves, transports, positions when distributing supplies and other items (includes replacing water jugs on dispenser) weighing up to 50 pounds.
Education and Experience
Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree preferred with 5 years' experience or 10 years' experience without a degree.
At least 5 years of proven experience in a network administrator role including design and installation of Windows servers.
Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure.
Experience with switches, firewalls, Internet VPN's remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution.
Knowledge of PON network, desirable.