Sr. Apps Programmer
The Quoting Data Services/Data Warehouse Team within the Product Acquisition IT platform is need of a contractor to fill a programmer-senior role to work on Build Property Data Solution Project. The purpose of this project is to build a data warehouse to capture Property Quotes and Sales information.
In this role, communication is critical. Candidates must be able to clearly communicate with technical and non-technical project participants both in writing and verbally. They must have experience working and collaborating amongst IT peers and internal-business customers with the ability to communicate accordingly with each. In this role, people are expected to show initiative and work collaboratively daily. Having the ability to share technical knowledge and elevate skills within the team is a big plus.
At a high-level this team works with moving data from Hadoop to PDW. Once in PDW, SQL is used for queries, etc. The actual scope of work is dependent on the project planning.
- Syncsort experience. The hiring manager is willing to consider candidates with only SSIS experience, but Syncsort is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Big Data / Data Warehousing.
- Experience with PDW
- Ability to offer alternatives to current thinking in a non-confrontational way.
- Prior experience with Hadoop is a big plus.
- Broad skills such as SSIS, SSAS, C#, application design are a big plus, but not required.