Infrastructure Engineer, Enterprise Technology Group
A growing U.S. based manufacturing group which has been in business for over 40 years; has an exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure Engineer in its Enterprise Technology Group. The position is located in the Northeast but will support remote sites throughout the US. This position offers both strategically and tactically rewarding job functions as well as highly competitive benefits and a compensation package including: competitive base salary, medical, vision, 401K with matching company contribution, disability, life insurance and paid-time-off benefits, Employee Referral Bonus Program, Ongoing professional development training, State-of-the-art office location, visible and exciting work supporting cutting edge technology solutions.
The infrastructure engineer manages all hardware, servers, virtualization platforms, storage systems, desktops and mobile end points in a highly dynamic environment. He or she works as part of a team in support of operational and project related activities. The infrastructure engineer provides advanced technical and operational Level I support to other departments and teams as required in support of business objectives.
Education and Experience:
- Display strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Be self-motivated and able to meet objectives with little or no direct supervision.
- Possess the ability and willingness to expand skills and support all areas of the present technology.
- Act as part of a team to evaluate solutions, troubleshoot problems, and maintain infrastructure systems.
- Analyze and provide implementation plans.
- Build and modify systems to meet project and user requirements.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting for applications and systems.
- Provide Level I technical support for all IT systems.
- Provide 24/7 on-call support as part of a scheduled rotation with other team members.
- Configure and tune hardware and software to ensure optimum performance and resource utilization.
- Generate technical support documentation for systems and applications.
- Complete all other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years in a Windows environment.
- 3 + years working with Servers, Virtualization and Storage solutions
- Proficiency with networking, DNS, Active Directory, group policies, and user management and administration.
- Familiar with Enterprise monitoring tools.
- Experience debugging applications, services, and network problems.
- Experience installing and configuring systems/software unassisted.
- Helpful experiences: Professional experience in supporting development teams in a .NET environment.
- Must be detail-oriented, security conscious, and proficient in troubleshooting.
- Fluency with appropriate advanced administration tools as well as the entire Microsoft Office suite.
- Takes ownership of decisions, actions, challenges, and solutions.
- Applies keen problem-solving skills to implementing cost-effective solutions.
- Skilled at solving challenges in a directed, methodical manner and analyzes the current issue to envision creative solutions.
- Takes initiative to complete critical tasks, especially in team settings with dependencies on other people.
- Works effectively in the face of stress, ambiguity, difficult situations, and shifting priorities.
- Steps outside of "comfort zone" to tackle new issues/challenges in an aggressive manner; deals well with ambiguity in a fast-paced, cutting-edge, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Challenges the status quo to generate new ideas and implements unique solutions to fix challenging problems.
- Collaborates and openly seeks and shares information across teams and departments.
- Has a solid background in his or her technical field and continually augments experience and skills with the latest research results and techniques.
- Demonstrates a bold commitment to the total alignment of actions, words, and professional beliefs.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer