Senior Active Directory Engineer
We have a 12 month renewable position for an Active Directory Engineer with a client of ours in Cary, NC. Summary of Position Responsibilities:
The Senior Directory Services (DS) Engineer is responsible for executing the enterprise wide strategy for our directory services, which includes: DNS, DHCP, LDAP, and Microsoft Active Directory. Additionally, DS engineering is responsible for supporting: automated user provisioning, authentication (i.e., Kerberos, AD FS), and Group Policy. This hands-on position requires a subject matter expert (SME) with strong collaboration skills to work with cross functional teams to ensure the design of technology solutions complies with our information security policies, and regulatory obligations.
The Senior DS Engineer must be an adaptable, pragmatic, and positive professional, who is comfortable in delivering clear and concise information at both a technical and managerial level. We are seeking a dynamic individual for this SME role that will execute our transformation in digital and mobile space, and accelerate customer centricity initiatives.
- Establish collaborative working relationships with the businesses, functions, and regions to ensure that our directory services align with our security architecture and business strategy.
- Work with information security leadership to implement our Identity and Access Management (IAM) strategy.
- Work with global partners to migrate end users from mergers & acquisitions into MetLife's directories.
- Provide ongoing Level 3 support for our directory services, which includes: upgrades, tuning, monitoring, problem resolution and identification of root cause, and troubleshooting escalated directory service configuration problems.
- 4+ years using Active Directory Organizational Units (OUs), Group Policy Objects (GPOs), Groups, Sites and Services, Network and Authentication protocols, firewalls, Domains, Forest and Domain modes, Schema Administration, LDAP Queries, Disaster Recovery design and implementation, and cross-forest administration.
- 4+ years of Active Directory design, and domain migration or consolidation experience, including sidHistory concepts.
- 4+ years of Windows Server Operating System experience.
- 4+ years of LDAP design, and migration or consolidation experience.
- 4+ years of scripting skills in PowerShell or VBScript.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field. 4+ years of equivalent work experience required in lieu of degree is acceptable.
- Professional certifications such as: ITIL, MCSA, MCSE, or other relevant industry certifications are strongly preferred.
- 4+ years engineering experience working in an enterprise infrastructure with a minimum of 20,000 end users.
- Excellent people and project management skills.