Application Architect Security (2+year contract)
The application security architect will be responsible for the security remediation of core repositories and data platforms in partnership with the IT owners. The role will work closely with the enterprise security teams to understand security strategies, standards and priorities and bring them to the application teams. The security architect will help the application designers and developers to translate the enterprise security requirements into technical specifications and adapt standard solutions to their specific platforms. The security architect will also help the teams to identify potential security gaps within the integrated systems by constant review of application components, data access dynamics and transaction flow.
- Lead moderately large or complex projects and ensure the success of application rollouts.
- Determine and develop architectural approaches and solutions, conduct business reviews, document current systems, and develop recommendations of how to proceed with the applications.
- Serves as highest level technical architecture expert for software development / infrastructure teams at the program level.
- Has extensive experience delivering IT solutions; developing designs and architecture documents that the rest of the SDLC teams can follow.
- Develops and drives short & long term architecture strategy for the overall IT project portfolio for key business segments.
- Assists project teams in estimating the architecture design effort and in developing/ reviewing/ approving architecture designs.
- Advises project teams on the application of standards/methodology practices to the project.
Communicates and validates programmer architecture with Technology, MO and Business executive level stakeholders.
- Uses a broad and deep understanding of technical concepts in multiple specialized fields to develop solutions to problems and critical design issues.
- BS/MS degree in Computer science or related fields and 7+ years of IT experience
- Good understanding of application security principles
- Experience in application or data security and vulnerability management
- Experience in static and dynamic scans and security monitoring tools
- Programing background and working experience in SDLC and software development tools such as Eclipse, Maven, Jenkins or similar
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- An IT Security certification, similar to CISA or PCI regulatory implementation experience is a plus
- Big data management experience is a plus