Title: IM Software Engineer Senior Specialist- BI Developer
Skills: Looker, Cognos, Oracle, PL/SQL, TOAD, GIT, Jenkins, uDeploy, Agile
As a IM Software Engineer Senior Specialist- BI Developer, this team member will have a superior software development background that will facilitate design and development of technical solutions for new and existing Business Intelligence applications. Interacts with Product Owners, Solution Architects, System Analysts, Business Users, Test Analysts, Scrum Masters and peer developers to analyze system requirements, design and develop Looker dashboards. Technical solutions and supporting deliverables will be constructed to enable clients to accomplish their business objectives. This position is on a team that is responsible for providing technical Business Intelligence solutions using Looker (or similar BI Tools like OBIEE, Cognos, or Tableau).
- Use Looker to create a meta data repository (LookML), Looks, and dashboards, etc.
- Assist in overall design of the data capture, application of meta data, and reporting structure
- Conduct unit testing and participate with system testing as required, .
- Anticipate customers' analytic needs and proactively conceptualize and champion high-value Business Intelligence solutions.
- Actively support applications by providing prompt responses to customer problems and inquiries. Make the customer's experience first priority in all.
- Provide on-call support duties as needed, which could include off hours and weekends.
- Keep the production support team management informed of any issues or concerns.
- Participate/Assist with deployments to all environments including Production (which could occur after hours).
- New development and support task responsibilities as assigned.
Additional Qualifications Preferred:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent job experience
- 3-7 years experience participating in the development of Business Intelligence / Data Warehousing systems. Looker and Oracle DB experience is preferred.
- 1+ years experience with GIT, Jenkins, and/or uDeploy
- 4+ years software development experience
- Looker development experience (other related experience with OBIEE, Cognos, or Tableau)
- Experience with SQL Loader or TOAD
- Knowledge of data warehousing and Unix
- Knowledge of the IT processes and subject areas is preferable
- Experience working with customers from the initial development of business requirements, through all the Agile steps and providing on-going maintenance and support.
- Demonstrates ability to obtain expert-level proficiency in multiple technologies.
- Exemplifies teamwork and serves as role model. Ability to successfully facilitate collaboration across multiple functions, departments and levels. Unquestionable ethics & integrity.
- Aptitude for gaining deep knowledge of the industry and business, and proactively using this knowledge to deliver meaningful results.
- Track record of consistently delivering projects and taking accountability for work and results. Confronts tough issues and situations.
- Consults with clients and teammates to identify all facets of an issue and generate a solution. Understands potential impacts to processes and systems across organization and factors these into solutions. Excellent conceptualization, analytical and logic skills.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate, both orally and in writing. Ability to articulate and translate technical language to non-technical customers. Influences at all levels across the company within span of control.
- Demonstrates and promotes creativity and innovation. Proactively seeks out alternative solutions to business problems.
- Must work well in a team environment
- Understanding of contemporary software development techniques and the ability to apply them in the context of various software development life cycles
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- Looker (or experience with Cognos/Tableau/OBIEE)
- Experience with Informatica a plus
- Experience with Oracle Application Express a plus
- Experience with GIT, Jenkins, and uDeploy
- Familiar with Agile and SCRUM methodologies
- Advanced degree
Demonstrated ability to (1) be analytical, (2) strong customer relationship skills, (3) strong communication skills (4) detail oriented and thorough, (5) ability to manage and prioritize multiple assigned tasks; (6) Be able to work independently and with a team.