Systems Support Analyst
Provides technical systems support within a technology organization. Duties are varied and may include one or more of the following: provides support for moderately complex technical issues and initiatives related to assigned applications, systems, databases and/or other technical products and services; uses diagnostic and other tools to maintain, troubleshoot and restore service or data to systems or escalates if needed to meet established service level agreements; assists with migrations from development to production, upgrades, installations and/or configurations; may write queries to extract data and validates data loads; participates in project sizing efforts; updates documentation and procedures and provides informal training; troubleshoots network, hardware and software issues using pre-defined guidelines, templates and/or test scripts, identifies and escalates problems; tracks changes and performance trends and participates in process improvement activities; understands BCP, quality, security and compliance requirements for supported areas and monitors changes to identify risk to production systems.: 1+ years systems support analysis experience.
PRIMARY DUTIES: This position has the responsibility of imaging computing devices (primarily virtual) based on predefined records provided in each order that comes into the Des Moines Configuration Center. Escalates to senior staff and management when solution is unclear; reports problems with procedures. Monitors related chat sessions for updates and notifications of incoming requests throughout the day; prioritizes these requests appropriately. Pass critical information to project team to enable data and user information transfers. Documents procedures and updates to policies and procedures.
Additional details (preferred skills):
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Demonstrated ability to multi task with a strong sense of urgency and with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and process procedural issues, problem solve, and escalate issues.
- Experience with VMWare and Citrix
- Experience with PAC 2000, WANDA
- Demonstrated ability to handle a fast-paced environment dealing with multiple projects and shifting priorities.
- Experience with asset management.
- Demonstrated ability to provide daily, weekly, and monthly status reports.