Job Description An exciting opportunity awaits you with our growing company for a Network/Systems Administrator in our Charlotte, NC branch. distributor of Cat, Mitsubishi and Jungheinrich Lift Truck is an industry leader in Sales and Service of Material Handling Equipment and related products, covering all of North & South Carolina and Georgia.
We are seeking a Network/ Systems Administrator who will be responsible for the configuration, implementation and maintenance of various technologies used by. This person will focus on the administration of network infrastructure to include desktops PC's, laptops, servers, network equipment, and software applications. The Network/Systems Administrator will identify appropriate solutions to be integrated into systems operations and make recommendations for implementation.
Regular activities include network configuration and troubleshooting, systems administration in a variety of software and hardware environments, telecom/PBX administration, root cause analysis in problem solving, and assistance in managing the daily activities of the department.
- Evaluate and recommend business continuity, networking and telecom solutions
- Configure and Maintain user workstations and laptops. (Windows 7, 10,)
- Maintain (Windows Servers 2008, 2012, Linux server)
- Support users on applications including: Microsoft 365, Windows, MS Office, Outlook, SharePoint, Act!, NDS (Linux ERP application)
- Maintain Network appliances: firewall, file servers, domain controllers, etc.
- Establishes network users, user environment, directories, and security for networks being installed.
- Maintain Network Services including: Active Directory (AD), Email, Anti-virus, Spam Filters, Backups, Internet Filtering, and VPN Access.
- Networking: Setup subnets, Firewall configuration
- Troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose problems.
- Upgrades network hardware and software components as required.
- Installs, upgrades, and configures network printing, directory structures, rights, security, and software on file servers and workstations
Job Requirements · Prefer Bachelor's degree in Computer science or IT related field. · Industry certification is a plus (MCITP, MCSE, MCSA, CCNA, CCNP, A+, Net+, etc.) · Understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP protocols and applications · Proven skills in PC repair, troubleshooting, deployment. · Experience with virtualization a plus · Linux systems administration skills · Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms · Ability to manage high priority projects · Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision