Function as a senior member of the Virtual Desktop team in design, projects, and production support activities. The position centers around Citrix systems build, administration, and support, Application Delivery, Desktop Engineering. Provide technical and operational support to peers within the department. Work will entail product evaluations/versions and upgrade implementations, project tasks for systems/network expansion, support, monitoring systems, system design and performance evaluation efforts. Will participate in projects with matrix personnel. Collaborate with team members and company-wide I.T. personnel to perform assigned tasks. Share ideas, projects, and best practices and help create a collaborative, team-oriented work environment.
- Systems administration responsibilities include Desktop OS, Citrix, applications-related administration, perimeter device administration, virtualization technologies, systems monitoring/management. Develop and provide specifications for desktop hardware, OS, and software configurations.
- In accordance with company and divisional security directives, deploy, maintain, and enhance the security of server and desktop systems through administrative, preventive, detective, and reactive controls, such as change and configuration management, anti-virus measures, patch management, and system scans. Participate in BCP, SOX, and/or Audit program initiatives as needed.
- Ensure ongoing operation of systems/applications through troubleshooting, scheduling/monitoring jobs and technology-related business processes, and third-level end-user support as needed. Provide backup teir 3 support to front-line desktop engineering personnel as needed.
- Prepares proposals and technical project plans. Develop solutions to business requirements, technical problems and/or engineering of systems/applications. Collaborates with company-wide I.T. personnel to develop technical solutions and enhancements. Assists in developing the technical skills of less-experienced peers. Share ideas, projects, and best practices and help create a collaborative, team-oriented work environment.
- 7+ years of progressive hands-on experience with Citrix technologies (e.g., XenApp/ Presentation Server, Advanced Access Controls, XenDesktop) in an enterprise network environment, demonstrating extensive knowledge of Citrix-based application delivery principles and practices
- 4 years experience with Citrix Xenserver, Xendesktop, Netscaler, and related server and desktop virtualization (VDI) technologies is highly desirable
- Experience with current HP server-class hardware and related equipment is required
- Microsoft and Citrix certifications (preferred)
- Experience in an medium-to-large enterprise AD environment
- Good understanding of network engineering and security principles (e.g., protocols, routing, switching, filtering, firewall rules, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent education/professional work experience