The Exadata Database Machine Administrator is accountable for the installation, configuration, maintenance, monitoring, and tuning of the engineered systems infrastructure. In addition, this role encompasses and is accountable for the operational aspects of infrastructure management in accordance with solution requirements and defined Service Level Agreements.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong knowledge and experience in Oracle grid infrastructure and database administration. Daily responsibilities range from capacity planning and infrastructure buildout to systems administration and maintenance to general database administration. This position will work on maintaining audit and system compliance through a regular patching regimen and ensuring systems run at peak performance levels to meet service level expectations.
- Exadata software, firmware, and hardware maintenance of the database servers, storage servers, and Infiniband switches; including upgrades, patching, and hardware replacement
- Provide and implement performance and tuning recommendations of all Exadata components
- Provide guidance and develop backup and recovery, as well as disaster recovery strategies for Exadata
- Configure Exadata to meet internal security requirements
- Leverage Oracle Enterprise Manager to report on performance, provide metrics, and become the centralized proactive maintenance solution for Exadata
- Integration of Exadata monitoring and alerting into existing IT solutions
- Develop and maintain system documentation related to Exadata installation and configuration
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources
- Maintain system availability during maintenance and patching
- Patch and maintain database infrastructure including engineered and other Oracle grid/database systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- 2+ years of Exadata administration, along with 6-8 years of related systems engineering experience
- 6+ years of experience performing database administration functions and supporting Oracle 11g/12c RAC in a 24x7 production environment
- Demonstrated operations experience with Linux platform (i.e. RHEL, OEL) including administration, management, and troubleshooting
- In depth knowledge required to manage storage cell servers including configuration, administration, monitoring, tuning, and Exadata Storage Software
- Strong Database and RAC implementations experience and troubleshooting skills in mission critical environments
- Understanding of OEM Grid Control for 12c/13c