ETL Developer - Informatica
Informatica/SSIS ETL Developer
The Informatica/SSIS ETL Developer will be working with the Operations team to maintain and develop data integration solutions across the business area. The candidate will need to understand business and technical requirements and translate this into data integration designs and deliverables. The solutions must align with Client ETL standards and guidelines. The data integration solutions will be based on Informatica and/or SSIS with MS SQL data warehouses/database. The position will be a key component on the integration product replacement durable team and must have a working knowledge of the Agile framework and methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban).
- Design and Develop ETL programs primarily using Informatica PowerCenter, SSIS, PL/SQL, T-SQL, Unix Shell Scripts
- Extract, transform & load into relational model structures of transactional databases
- Performance improvement & tuning of Informatica mappings, SQL, T-SQL & PL/SQL scripts
- Technical reviews, Data validation & end to end testing of ETL Objects, Source data analysis and data profiling.
- Create necessary documentation
- Update the project documentation (Change Requests and JIRA's) on the confluence
- Upload the code to version control tool
- Perform Unit Testing of ETL Programs and support QA on End-to-End testing
- Work with deployment team in the code migration across environments
- Triage Production issues and work on code fixes
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering desired, or equivalent education and/or related work experience.
- Minimum 2 years' experience with either Informatica Developer or SSIS (preferably both)
- Minimum 5 years' experience with Informatica Power Center or PowerBI
- Minimum 6-7 years of experience in implementation of BI projects in a large scale enterprise data warehouse environment
- Dimensional Modeling and Data warehouse, ODS concepts, such as star schemas, snowflakes and normalized data models
- Minimum 5 years of experience in ETL Architecture and ETL products
- Converting functional specifications into ETL technical specifications and source to target mappings
- Proven hands-on experience in using Informatica components such as Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Repository Manager, etc.
- Good Experience in tuning of Informatica mappings and Database scripts and procedures.
- Highly experienced on On-site and Off-shore coordination with Managed Service Providers & IT teams
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of JIRA, Confluence Tools and other collaboration tools a plus
- Good Team Player