ASP.NET MVC and Web API Developer
Software Developer- ASP.NET
Seeking a mid to senior level software developer to join our development team. You will have the opportunity to work with a talented team designing and developing mission-critical software at our firm.
The team is responsible for delivering data services to support business process and workflows, decision support systems, and reporting capabilities for our internal customers and the firm's clients. These include web applications, mobile apps, and backend services.
Our developers are responsible for review business needs, providing a technical design, implementation, testing and maintaining software. Looking for creative individuals who are driven to produce great solutions while following standards and industry best practices. These positions require intelligent and self-motivated developers.
- As part of an agile team, work closely with business analysts, architects and QA.
- Participate in planning activities, collaborate and coordinates the efforts across development teams.
- Provide suggestions and adjustments as needed to deliver quality software within project scope and timeframes.
- Promote and perform development work consistent with industry standards and best practices
- Where applicable, refactor existing code for performance improvements and compliance with latest standards
- Ability to work independently and understand application functionality through reverse engineering code
- Perform unit testing and support test automation.
- Apply continuous integration and continuous delivery techniques.
- Conduct peer code reviews.
- Work on R&D activities and prototypes.
- Support Tier 1 systems once they are up and running.
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience building ASP.NET MVC and Web API applications and services
- ASP.NET Core a plus
- Front-end experience with CSS, jQuery, AngularJS preferred
- Advanced SQL Server skillset that includes writing and optimizing complex queries and performing data analysis
- Understanding of relational database design best practices and experience with data modeling
- Consistently applies SOLID object-orientated design principals
- Demonstrated experience applying unit tests and test automation
- Experience with AWS including EC2 Auto Scaling, SQS, DynamoDB, and CloudFormation a plus
- Ability to satisfy complex business requirements through simple design and execution.
- Possess strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Experience with mid/back-office financial services operations a plus.
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.