The Senior Linux Engineering team is responsible for end-to-end delivery of infrastructure solutions to our customers. Working with Development, Product and other Engineering teams, the Senior Engineer will deliver an infrastructure solution that is technically sound, resilient to failure, operationally supportable, and meets the requirements of the business.
A high degree of collaboration with Development and other Infrastructure teams is required to provide right level of agility within a defined delivery process. The ideal candidate will leverage a consultative approach, exhibit strong leadership skills, will be forward thinking, and will be able to work effectively across a multitude of technical and non-technical groups in a diverse and talented team, continuously striving for excellence.
- Lead cross-functional project teams to design and implement highly available Linux / Java infrastructures, and managing solutions utilizing Apache, WebLogic, JBoss, Coherence, Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), WebSphere MQ, DB2 Connect
- Collaborate across business and technical disciplines to develop Infrastructure / System Engineering Designs for internally hosted solutions.
- Script development for repeatable processes (Perl, Python, Jython, Shell, etc.)
- Performs other duties as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field experience OR a High School diploma and 5-7 years of professional work experience in a related role.
- Current, enterprise-class Infrastructure/System Engineering experience with Linux and Java platforms running on Intel servers utilizing directly attached and SAN attached storage.
- Experience designing, implementing and managing solutions utilizing one or more of the following technologies:
- Linux (Red Hat Preferred)
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Oracle RAC
- WebSphere Portal
- WebSphere MQ
- Experience in script development (Perl, Python, Jython, Shell, etc.)
- Experience with automated system builds and configuration management tools including Red Hat Satellite Server, HP Server Automation, HP Operations Orchestration
- Working knowledge of networking protocols and components including TCP/IP, DNS, NFS
- Experience designing and implementing High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions.
- Ability to produce high quality operational documentation, including Visio diagrams, high-level descriptions of the environment, as well as detailed instructions outlining the steps required to repeat the build-out and configuration of the infrastructure.