Windows Server Architect
As a Senior Windows Server Architect, you will be responsible for implementation and operation of Windows servers, including Microsoft and other packaged software including Exchange, Lync and RightFax which runs on the Windows platform, as well as for engineering activities related to VMWare virtualization. You will participate in the design of these systems in conjunction with Architects.
- Works as part of the Business Technology Infrastructure team to apply Windows Server and VDI systems technology solutions in support of identified business problems.
- Participates in the evaluation, selection, implementation and on-going support of software, hardware and tools used by the Enterprise Infrastructure platform.
- Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of VMWare Horizon View VDI, thin clients, and other VDI-related technology.
- Provisions servers including: adding, allocating and managing vDisks for end-user devices.
- Responds to End User requests for technical support and assistance within established procedures.
- Provide operational support for Active Directory and related network support equipment to ensure changes and maintenance did not interrupt service to the customers.
- Provide support and assistance to Linux System Administrator(s), Network Engineer(s) and Telecommunication Systems staff in the delivery of End User support and Systems Maintenance
- Assists in ensuring compliance with security policies and procedures
- Responds to escalated requests for technical assistance
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of 8 years of related experience in systems engineering in both Windows and Linux environments.
- VMware vSphere 4/5
- VMware View
- EMC Storage Solutions
- Windows 2008/2012
- Active Directory 2003/2008/2012
- Exchange 2007/2010/2013
- Lync 2010/2013
- RightFax 9/10
- IBM xSeries and Cisco UCS hardware
- Powershell Scripting experience
- Candidate will possess excellent communication (verbal/written), organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Manage multiple tasks, be detail oriented, be responsive, and demonstrate independent thought and critical thinking.