Responsible for managing server and storage infrastructure for 3rd level support for Gas work management and corporate infrastructure. The shift will be 8-430 or 9-530 from Tuesdays to Saturdays. The candidate will be required to be on call for a week at a time on a rotating basis. The analyst will work as a team member under guidance of the Team Leader and work with other IT groups. The candidate will be responsible for
- ESXi host builds, configuration, and maintenance on UCS and IBM Blade servers
- vCenter builds, configuration, and maintenance
- vSphere replication
- Creation of port mirroring sessions
- UCS profile creation and firmware updates
- Performance troubleshooting on physical and virtual servers from a storage and server perspective
- Perform storage and Vmware upgrades during off hour periods such as flare code and ESXi patch levels
- EMC Storage array (VNX, Unity, XtremIO) installation, configuration and maintenance
- Data replication using Sancopy and asynchronous/synchronous replication
- Windows replication methods - robocopy,
- Powerpath installation and configuration
- Data migrations using Powerpath migration enabler
- Storage pool creation and expansions
- LUN and datastore provisioning
- Monitoring storage capacity and performance
Skills & Requirements
- Seeking highly motivated, technical analyst who demonstrates a strong commitment to customer service and possesses a strong technical understanding and proficiency in hypervisor technology (Vmware, HyperV), EMC Storage technology (VNX, Xtremio, Unity), Cisco UCS and IBM blade server technology.
- The ideal candidate must be well organized, detail-oriented, and flexible to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines. This individual must be able to exercise good judgment and render sound business decisions.
- The applicant must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate should be proficient in project management and have experience with project management tools and presentations (i.e. MS Project and PowerPoint).
- High school diploma required with a minimum of 8 years' experience in IT support OR
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in Information Technology) with a minimum of 5 years' experience in IT Support.
The following are not required for this position but would be considered as a valuable asset in a potential candidat e.
MS Office, VMware VCP certifications, knowledge and experience with Network Attached Storage (NAS) storage, ticketing systems, DNS, DHCP, AD, DFS, SharePoint, Linux skills, network zoning, vRealize Operations, and UCS Central knowledge are a plus. VXrail and Azurestack a plus.