The Java Developer works under minimal supervision to design, test, and implement Java-based web applications, using industry standard software development practices, techniques, tools, and frameworks. The incumbent will be expected to design and develop complex business components in Java, deploying to Java EE Application Servers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Translate application storyboards, use cases, and web-page concept designs into functional and dynamic web applications (like SOA based architecture).
- Provide estimates of level of work effort and time for completion
- Develop complex application business logic & unit test using Java, EE, Java SE 1.7/1.8/1.9, SPRING, Spring MVC
- Design, code, and integrate application business layer with external application components
- Create or update system documentation
- Provide fully documented work, instruction, and training to peers, as required
- Keep abreast with latest technologies and platforms
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent
- Role Specific Experience: 5+ years of relevant experience in building Java based EE applications
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle
- Advanced knowledge of Java, EE, Java SE 1.7/1.8/1.9, SPRING, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Java Beans - POJO, Spring AOP.
- Experience in DevOps practices, Container based development methodologies and Cloud native applications is preferred.
- Experience with JBOSS 6.x, TOMCAT, Apache servers
- Extensive inexperience with IDEs, such as Eclipse, Visual Studio Code with JBOSS / Tomcat Test environment.
- Advanced knowledge on PostgreSQL, Oracle SQL, PL/SQL procedures, and object library for Java development.
- Advanced knowledge of JSP, Java Scripts frameworks like Angular, JQuery, HTML5, CSS3, BootStrap 4 is a plus
- Experience in Code control tools like TFS and GIT.
- Advanced knowledge on Azure EMS, Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML), Secure Socket Layer(SSL), Transport Layer Security (TLS) and industry standard two factor authentication using RSA will be an added advantage.
- Experience in analysis & design using UML and case complete
- Experience with JIRA, Agile tools like VersionOne for task and bug tracking. Experience in traditional waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Advanced understanding of Object Oriented technology and standard Java development frameworks like Apache POI, ASPOSE integration etc.
- Functional proficiency in performing business process analysis, gathering and analyzing requirements, creating design specifications, unit test plans and system test plans, testing, development, and production support
- Proven ability to support major technology initiatives and tasks of the unit, including coordination of working teams and maintenance of close and constructive working relationships with management and staff in defining and resolving technology issues
- Advanced understanding of complex enterprise data models and integration.
- Exposure in integration with SOA based solutions and REST based services for applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven conceptual, analytical, and judgmental skills & Ability to multitask
- Experience with implementing standard best practices (e.g. secure programming, Java patterns, test first development)