Applications Support Technologist
Company is looking to add an Application Support Technologist to provide proactive end-to-end technical monitoring of the core applications, as well as the related technical interfaces. With an individual, task-based approach, the team researches and fixes health care transaction processing issues from Provider and Payer clients, provides incident management, support and escalation, and drives through problem resolution.
What are the responsibilities?
Education and Experience
- Engages with internal and external clients via multiple sources to research and rectify technical service interruptions and errors.
- Collaborates with teammates to understand and identify performance and error trends.
- Provides timely response to tickets, inquiries, and work requests.
- Pays close attention to detail, specifically during the corrective planning and execution phases.
- Identifies error trends and performs predictive analysis.
- Queries and manages the status of specific application functionality, as directed.
- Attends recurring Team meetings as an active and passive contributor.
- Creates procedural documentation and process flows as required.
- Attends training courses to stay up to date on an array of products and technology.
- Builds an internal employee network of people who can assist with the updating and resolution of problem tickets.
- Creates basic communication emails to notify all relevant parties of system or application outages
- Investigates and interprets production issues with the application code to resolve issues
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 2 or more years of experience in IT customer support
- EDI resolution
- Previous programming in .net, XML, VB6, and/or Visual C++
- Web-based software support and/or healthcare experience in a data/process analysis role
- Has a solid understanding of computer desktop application for MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Possesses efficient key boarding/data entry skills
- Bachelor's degree Computer Science or a related field of study or equivalent work experience
- Can utilize technology tools to monitor direct and indirect external connections for evidence of service interruptions and processing issues.
- Comfortable/experienced in an application IT support role, with understanding of basic support principles [ITIL preferred].
- Can create basic communications that update or inform people of issue status.
- Understands and can demonstrate the basic principles around networking and computer communications [FTP/HTTP/etc.].
- Can demonstrate general understanding of relational database concepts and structures.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency using basic SQL to generate Oracle database queries and create scripts, in order to resolve incidents, gather data, or generate reports.
- Utilizes monitoring tools and responds to alerts that detect system outages or performance degradation, and rectifies/escalates as appropriate.
- Applies entry level knowledge of Splunk or similar environmental analysis tools in day to day workflow.
- Familiar or proficient using Atlassian products, such as JIRA and Confluence, or similar workflow management and knowledgebase tools, in order to create/update relevant ticket status.
- Capable of working in a fluid and dynamic environment where priorities evolve and adjust based on issue severity and impact.
- Interest and/or experience with batch file processing, job schedulers, and/or automated solutions.
- Stays current on company products, release notes and marketing communications
- Identifies many possible causes for a problem and narrows down to the mostly likely cause
- Carefully weighs the priority of things to be completed
- Asks question to clarify understanding