Our client is looking for an experienced Business Project Manager with brokerage experience and a proven track record of several projects implemented within scope time-line and cost. In this role, you will be one of several PMs on a project that will launch a new distribution channel and brokerage platform conversion (accounts and assets).
MUST HAVE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE
- Hold resources accountable for delivering on the project plan, including providing coaching and mentoring of resources across a broad range of business functions as well as vendors and internal technology deliverables.
- Adhere to the approved project methodology for project management and maintains project artifacts and records.
- Identify and track key measures of success for the project.
- Provide clear concise project communication (status, meeting agenda, meeting notes) for different audiences from core teams to owner teams to steering committee members.
- Provide internal and external stakeholder communications and progress reports that effectively outline the project status, risks, issues and action plans to ensure project success.
- Analyze project performance, creating cost benefit analysis and identifying optimal solutions that minimize the negative impact and trade offs.
- Implement corrective actions to ensure project success and facilitating project change requests.
- Escalate to the Steering Committee/Project Sponsor risks and issues with potential significant impact.
- Work effectively with business partners, vendors, technology, and project management staff.
- Develop project agenda and ensure agreement/adoption of project objectives/deliverables by all affected constituencies.
- Strong experience as a Project Manager
- Brokerage experience
- Brokerage Operations knowledge
- Strong experience with project planning across a broad range of business units and work components.
- Experience defining, estimating and scheduling project tasks and interdependencies to achieve the scope through a clearly defined project/work breakdown structure
- Experience identifying and managing the critical path of big and small project efforts
- Strong experience delivering projects within scope, timeline and cost
- Strong executive presence and experience with facilitating core, owner and steering committee meetings
- Strong financial management skills including experience with creating/updating monthly forecasts, and review of actuals and variances
- Solid understanding of the systems development life cycle and project implementation methodologies
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Facilitation and collaboration skills with the ability to interact at al levels of the organization
- Coaching and mentoring experience