The Distributed Engineering team is responsible for end-to-end delivery of infrastructure solutions to all customers. Working with Development, Product and other Infrastructure Services teams, the Senior Engineer will deliver an infrastructure solution that is technically sound, resilient to failure, operationally supportable, and meets the requirements of the business.
Delivery of the infrastructure solution includes a variety of skills including infrastructure architecture, hands-on build-out and configuration of the infrastructure, as well some project management skills ensuring projects are delivered within scope and on-time. A high degree of collaboration with Development and other IS teams is required to provide right level of agility within a defined delivery process.
The ideal candidate will exhibit strong leadership skills, will be forward thinking, and will be able to work effectively in a diverse, highly talented team, continuously striving for excellence.
- Current, enterprise-class Infrastructure/System Engineering experience with UNIX/Linux systems utilizing NAS and SAN attached storage
- Experience designing, implementing and managing solutions utilizing Apache, WebLogic, Websphere MQ, DB2 Connect
- Working knowledge of networking protocols and components including TCP/IP, DNS, NFS
- Experience designing and implementing High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions
- Scripting experience (Perl, shell)
- Technical leadership for project based assignments
- Experience with automated system builds and configuration management tools
- Experience working on a matrix team consisting of a variety of Infrastructure Engineering groups, as well as Development groups and Client Relationship groups
- Willingness and capability of quickly learning new technologies required for accomplishing project goals
- Willingness and ability to produce high quality operational documentation, including Visio diagrams, high-level descriptions of the environment, as well as detailed instructions outlining the steps required to repeat the build-out and configuration of the infrastructure.
- Strong customer service skills with high level of professionalism, and ability to work with complex situations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field.