Big Data Full Stack Software Engineer
*Role can sit in either Bloomfield, CT or New York, NY*
Big Data Full Stack Software Engineer
The candidate will play a technical leadership role in the Information Life-Cycle Management (ILM) area responsible for driving the adoption of software engineering best practices and innovative product introduction as well as implementation. The individual must have superb analytical and technical skills coupled with the ability to deliver effectively. The individual will be expected to participate in the collaborative concept definition, architectural refinement, design and realization of products that support the strategic needs within ILM and the Information Management organizations. The applicant will be working across multiple scrum teams that demands engineering and technical excellence; whose members are expected to hold each other accountable in the overall success of the output. Focus for this opportunity is to delivery on innovative solutions to complex problems, but also with a mind to drive simplicity in the further refinement and support of the solution by others.
The focus of this individual will be to create, in a collaborative fashion, efficient and effective strategies and solution architectures related to solve problems in the real world. We are building Legal, Regulatory and Cyber solutions using Big Data tools to improve on the Analytics while leveraging Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML). We're looking for a Big Data software engineer to join our team. Through a hands on engineering approach you engineers patterns across 8-10 scrum teams to tackle the big data and data science problems. You will understand business requirements and work with cross-org teams. You will influence all aspects of the system from data ingestion of rich data source utilizing big data methodologies to solving business problems of improving company cyber security position and Information Life cycle management.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
- Business oriented and able to communicate at all levels
- Provide technical expertise through a hands-on approach to teams and projects developing big data solution.
- Ensure adherence to existing Big Data direction and architectural strategies.
- Conduct software engineering, code reviews and deliver innovative software tools, technologies, and application frameworks. Maintain deep levels of involvement in the implementation process.
- Function as a hands-on member of the ILM teams - guiding mentoring development team to design, document, develop, deploy, and maintain applications.
- At least 8+ years of experience in Software Development and Best Practices
- At least 4+ years of big data experience with different languages - Strong programming skills - C++, Java, Python, Scala along with ability to pick up new languages - Past demonstrable programming work - Exposure to big data methods - Hadoop, Hive, Spark, MapReduce
- Understanding of cloud based system, distributed systems
- Strong expertise with Git.
- Ability to perform analysis of business problems and technical environments.
- Proven track record of success in challenging the status quo, implementing new ideas and designs with a practical orientation.
- Ability to think strategically and implement iteratively. Ability to estimate financial impact of design/architecture alternatives.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Experience of deploying and managing large-scale, cloud-based solutions.
- Track record and a passion for being a team player. You take the lead when needed and also coach and develop others when needed.
- Knowledge of graph- or stream-based analytics, or deploying machine-learning analysis.
- Experience creating benchmark tests, designing for scalability and performance, and designing/integrating large-scale systems.
- Experience designing and building n-tier architecture-based applications.
- You are confident in a DevOps environment, engineering products to be both reliable and adaptable.
- You are frustrated if you are not being stretched or learning something new.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things big data of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry's latest trends and technologies.
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, at least eight, typically ten or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT with a minimum of eight years experience of software engineering work experience.
Skills and Experience
- APPLICATION DESIGN
- Full Stack Engineer