Financial Systems Analyst
Global advertising leader searching for a Financial System's Analyst in the Parsippany NJ area. This position is on the Systems Team in Finance reporting directly to the Vice President. The role requires knowledge and experience with JD Edwards and all related systems. You will be working to partner with business owners and end users throughout the organization and be successful in a project based environment.
We are looking for someone with an Accounting / Finance / Information Systems Management Degree, have worked on JD Edwards (JDE) System Project(s), proficient in MS Office, used a document management tool and used Reporting Writing Tools for JDE.
You will need to enjoy working in a team, with users around the organization and have the ability to work under pressure. We are also looking for an individual who wants to continually look for better ways of doing things and has the desire to embrace new technology.
Duties & Responsibilities
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Manage and maintain positive working relationships with IT and users
- Evaluate requests for projects and be able to prioritize these projects based on what delivers the best value to the organization
- Organize project activities using a Project Lifecycle Approach, including phases of design, configure / develop, testing, documenting test results, user training / support and project roll out
- Develop training materials and deliver application training
- Develop reports for the business using Report Writing tools
- Evaluate and revise business and/or IT processes to reduce costs, increase efficiency and eliminate waste
- Manage and respond to Help Desk requests in the areas of responsibility
- Partner with business owners to understand, interpret and enhance requirements to jointly deliver solutions which exceed expectations
- Develop and maintain documentation to comply with internal standards and requirements
- Establish solid and effective working relationships in a fast-paced project environment
- Adhere to the client's and professionally acceptable standards, policies and procedures
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested
- Must be able to demonstrate working knowledge of:
- Accounting practices and terminology related to General Ledger, Job Cost Accounting, Contract Billing, Financial reporting & budgeting, AR, AP and Fixed Assets.
- The interrelation of JDE applications and JDE database structures
- Database technologies such as MS SQL and related infrastructure.
- Deep understanding of the JDE Security application - Knowledge of QSoft would be a plus
- Must have worked on JDE Systems Project(s) and supported the business
- Clear and concise oral and written communication skills
- Effectively organize and prioritize work
- Simultaneously manage and deliver multiple projects
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications with particular emphasis on Excel
- Willing to work extra hours to meet deadlines / resolve issues
- Display a positive attitude when faced with stressful situations
- Knowledge of SOX and IT-related controls
- Desire to continually develop professionally
- Results driven, client driven, creative thinker and enjoys working as part of a team.
- BS in either Accounting / Finance / Information Systems Management
- Have a minimum of 5 years' experience using JDE System, preferably in a Service Industry, with an in-depth knowledge of Job Cost and Contract Billing modules and a document management system, ideally Bottomline (TAP)
- Experience working on JDE Project(s) and supporting organizations on JDE
- 3 - 5 years Accounting related experience and have participated in the month end closing process