job summary: Infrastructure Project Manager
As a partner to the Software Development and End User Computing teams, you will have global responsibility for simultaneously directing the efforts of a complex project related to cloud strategy and enabling desktop as a service. You may have responsibilities related to other, multiple cross-functional projects or initiatives with related goals. Your objective will be to achieve clearly defined results within the triple constraints of time, budget, and scope/specifications. In this role, you will be accountable for assembling the project team, developing the project work plan, and managing the expectations, deliverables, communication/status reporting of project milestones and risks/issues, and results of all internal and external project resources (including vendors) for the roles and activities defined in the plan to meet or exceed expectations of stakeholders.
location: Rochester, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
- Oversees all aspects of projects, including coordinating resources, setting deadlines and assigning responsibilities.
- Create, manage and execute project plans to support the ongoing needs of the IT department on a global scale.
- Tracks the status of projects and prepares status reports for stakeholders and senior management.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Ensures all project deliverables and requirements are met.
- Evaluates project risk, changes and issues.
- Ensures that resources assigned to the project have all the tools and information needed to perform their project tasks.
- Contributes to the development and continuous improvement of project management standards, processes and tools.
- Builds and maintains working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Manage others and oversee third party and regional project managers.
- Position may require travel between various locations.
- Position may require participation in meetings outside of normal business hours including occasional evenings and/or weekends.
- Performs other functions as required.
qualifications: Requirements:General requirements:
A Bachelor or Master's Degree in Information Systems or a related field
Expertise in SDLC and project management with technology projects, using waterfall and iterative project execution frameworks
A minimum of 5 years' experience, preferably managing multiple medium/high complexity projects in a matrixed resource environment, working with diverse project sponsors across various business units
Experience influencing and managing project teams without formal direct reporting relationships
Analytical and critical thinking skills are required to effectively manage activities related to budgeting, forecasting, monitoring, process management, risk management, quality control and reporting
Collaboration, consensus building and developing relationships to influence team members, vendors, and key customers to align on common vision and strategy
Superior organizational, time-management, negotiation, influencing and communication skills (verbal and written) and experience leveraging these skills to interact with all levels of management.
Passion for managing large scale projects/programs that impact a large user base and leveraging strong logistically coordination capabilities to ensure high-quality end-user experience.
Ability to be a champion for change and continuous improvement within technology and the business.
skills: Experienced Project Manager with enterprise rollouts preferred, ideally in the end user space (End user refers to the following, for example: OS Migration (windows 7 to windows 10), PC Hardware Refresh, Large scale rollout of new devices or conversion of devices, Modernization of refresh activities (automating the way refresh is conducted), Office 365 rollout or other Office upgrades, VDI implementations, Citrix implementations/upgrades, Asset Management project experience)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.