Senior Linux Systems Engineer (Red Hat)
Our client is looking for a Senior Linux Systems Engineer (Red Hat) for a direct-hire or contract opportunity in Sacramento, CA.
Our client has an immediate opening for an experienced IT professional that will be a good fit with our team. We are looking for an energetic person who has prior consulting experience, enjoys a challenge, and appreciates being surrounded by extraordinary team members. This person will join our Professional Services team as a Senior Network Engineer. The position provides consulting services to our clients around, but not limited to, Linux, Unix, and Solaris technologies. One of the initial primary responsibilities of this position will be to help our clients in the planning, maintenance, and support of their Linux (Red Hat) environment.
Skills and Abilities
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Maintain and Support various Linux distributions, including Red Hat, CentOS, and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- Configure and implement Red Hat Satellite server 6.2 & 6.3
- Configure, implement, deploy, support, automate and troubleshoot multiple versions of Red Hat, CentOS, and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- Configure and fine tune Linux infrastructure and systems
- Work closely with all senior technical staff as lead and solutions architect, with application teams to develop, plan and implement application/deployments.
- Drive technical innovation and efficiency in Linux infrastructure operations via automation scripting and working with API's
- Support servers including security configurations, patching, security vulnerability remediation and troubleshooting.
- Develop scripts for automating client/server functions by establishing technical specifications that facilitate easy, accurate coding or scripting/configuration
- Develops and maintains the comprehensive systems architectures, frameworks and application interfaces
- Works with senior IT staff and management to develop and maintain technical processes and standards
- Provides consultation and assists project teams in formulating solutions
- Must be able to perform under tight timeframes and execute problem solving skills and understands the key drivers that impact IT and Business operations
- Proactively learns about and evaluates emerging technologies (reviewing technical journals, team sharing, mentors, vendors, peer groups, special training)
- Executes risk assessment utilizing established methodologies
- Develops relevant, repeatable criteria for assessing future risks and problems
- Applies an understanding of the key vulnerabilities related to data transfer between internal/external systems to maximize data security and integrity
- 7+ years of in-depth experience with Linux implementation, maintenance, patching, and support.
- 7+ years design and architecture experience in hosted implementations are required.
- 7+ years of design and implementation experience with distributed applications.
- Prior consulting experience.
- Unix and\or Solaris experience is a plus.
- In-depth technical skills in infrastructure design & server infrastructure implementation.
- Knowledge about APIs and how to architect Linux platform applications
- Experience conducting proof-of-concept, developing prototype and reference models.
- Familiarity with datacenter concepts and best practices, high-availability systems, capacity planning, system performance evaluation, and diagnostic techniques and methodologies.
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate with and make strategic recommendations to Sr. and Executive Management as well as all levels of internal/external service partners
- Experience with LDAP integrations
- TCP/IP, WAN, LAN technologies
- Storage/SAN/NAS system technologies
- Understanding of Security best practices