Senior Network Engineer: Palo Alto Networks-Microsoft-VMware
Our client is looking for a Senior Network Engineer: Palo Alto Networks-Microsoft-VMware for a direct-hire or contract opportunity in Sacramento, CA.
Our client has an immediate opening for an experienced IT professional that will be a good fit with our team. We are looking for an energetic person who has prior consulting experience, enjoys a challenge, and appreciates being surrounded by extraordinary team members. This person will join our Professional Services team as a Senior Network Engineer. The position provides consulting services to our clients around, but not limited to, Palo Alto Networks (PAN) Next-Generation Firewalls, PAN Advanced Endpoint Protection (TRAPS), PAN Management (Panorama), Microsoft technologies and VMware technologies. One of the initial primary responsibilities of this position will be to help our clients in the planning and migration of their existing firewall infrastructures to new PAN Next-Generation Firewalls and Management systems.
Skills and Abilities
- PAN Next-Generation Firewall design, implementation, and support experience
- PAN Management (Panorama) design, implementation, and support experience
- Prior experience migrating Cisco ASA and other vendor firewalls to PAN Next-Generation Firewalls
- Experience designing, implementing, and supporting firewalls, switches, and routers from other vendors such as Cisco, Brocade, and Juniper
- Microsoft Windows Server support experience
- Windows Active Directory support experience
- VMware vSphere (versions 4.x - 6.x) experience
- Extensive prior consulting experience
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced and collaborative environment
- Effective skills in task prioritization and time management
- Ability to quickly and accurately diagnosis technical issues
- Strong presentation and documentation skills
- PAN ACE certification
- PAN CNSE certification
- PAN Advanced Endpoint Protection (TRAPS) design, implementation, and support experience
- Cisco Nexus experience
- PAN Threat Detection and Prevention design, implementation, and support experience
- PAN Cloud Security design, implementation, and support experience
- Network vendor (i.e. Cisco, Brocade, and Juniper) certification
- Advanced Microsoft Server and Active Directory experience
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Advanced VMware vSphere (versions 4.x - 6.x) experience
- VMware NSX experience
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Project Management experience
- 5+ years of Network Engineer experience.
- 5+ years of consulting experience.
- Possess additional certification(s) related to the technologies and skills listed in the Skills and Abilities section of this posting.