Securities Finance Senior Program Manager - Data Governance (57582-1)
Reporting into the global Securities Finance Program Management Office ("PMO"), the Senior Program Manager will provide full PMO support for critical programs for the core Securities Finance business units (Agency Lending, Alternative Financing Solutions and Enhanced Custody). It is essential that the candidate has strong end-to-end program and project management experience working with large portfolios of projects that support a complex organizational environment.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Provide project leadership, direction and coaching / support to the project team.
- Chairing project meetings and coordinating teams and deliverables.
- Define and manage the end-to-end project plan.
- Identifying and implementing the appropriate workstream / work breakdown structure. Workstreams for complex programs will include: Legal, Compliance, Tax, Operations, Technology, Finance, Risk, ERM, Custody, etc (i.e., not just IT).
- Maintaining the risks / issues log, mitigation plans and escalation process. Identify cross team dependencies and mitigation plans.
- Status reporting to senior management and stakeholders
- Manage change control process.
- Ability to identify and report on key performance indicators.
- Release management planning and processes.
- Identifies areas of potential risk and exposure and provides viable solutions to reduce and/or eliminate risk to Securities Finance, Client and its clients.
PRODUCT ROADMAP / BACKLOG MANAGEMENT:
- Work with key global stakeholders to maintain program prioritization / demand inventory.
- Align global resource pools to demand / project prioritization (e.g. legal, compliance, tax, operations, technology, finance, risk, etc).
GOVERNANCE / COMMUNICATION:
- Manage program Steering Committee / stakeholder meetings (i.e., SVP / EVP level).
- Coordinate / communicate release notes.
- Work with team members to identify project roles required and create corresponding job descriptions.
- Work with team members to select resources (review resumes, interview, select resources).
- Manage the invoicing / billing / accruals process with the appropriate SF and corporate teams.
- Talent evaluation / strategic team building.
PROGRAM FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT:
- Previous experience managing program budgets from $5m - $15m.
- Work with team members to ensure resource forecasts are accurate and booked appropriately.
- Manage / validate intramonth Atrack (i.e., actual) project bookings.
- Monthly certification of program financials.
- Manage the project estimation lifecycle.
- Optimize program spend.
- Manage budget variance escalation.
OFFICES OF ACCOUNTABILITY OVERSIGHT:
- Create and maintain Tollgate documentation; Present at required Tollgate meetings.
- Manage the application risk process (i.e., ISRMP).
- Ensure PM / PMO compliance with oversight functions (i.e., Risk, Compliance, Audit, Legal).
SF PMO TOOL MANAGEMENT:
- Create and maintain project Sharepoint Site in compliance with Offices of Accountability requirements (i.e., Risk, Compliance, Audit, Legal).
- Facilitate user adoption of PMO toolset
- Develop and maintain Project SharePoint site content.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Minimum of a bachelors degree with 5 - 10 years of experience or equivalent.
- Some front, middle, back office core capital markets experience.
- Experience effectively bringing teams across global regions.
- Extremely detail and solution oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Microsoft Office expertise, including Visio.
- Ability to diplomatically and effectively manage issues across functional teams.
- Successful candidate should be enthusiastic, keen to learn the business and be part of a growing team.
- Experience in structured project / program management / ability to implement a framework to deliver large projects.
- Professional Project Management Qualifications e.g. PMP
- Experience on all aspects of implementing a Financial Services / Capital Markets Data Governance organization including (1) data management capability assessment tools and models (2) the Data Governance lifecycle (i.e., Gather, Cleanse, Analyze and Protect / Retain) (3) Data Governance business case / ROI measurement.
- Experience implementing central market / reference data repositories within a capital markets organization.
- Experience implementing a central client master / client entity profile database within a capital markets organization.
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following: securities lending, borrowing, prime brokerage, global custody, equity swaps.