Computer Support Technician I
Our client is currently seeking a Computer Support Technician I for a 3-4 month contract opportunity located in Modesto, CA.
To perform a variety of technical and resource services in the installation, operation, repair, maintenance, and diagnosis of computers and peripherals; to provide technical user support assistance; and to perform other related duties and
Computer Support Technician I: This is the entry level class in the Computer Support Technician series. Positions in this class typically have little or no directly related work experience. The Computer Support Technician I class is distinguished from the II level by the performance of less than the full range of duties assigned to the II level. Incumbents work under immediate supervision while learning job tasks, progressing to direction as procedures and processes of assigned area of responsibility are learned.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Install, configure and maintain a variety of complex, multi-vendor hardware and software in networked and stand alone environments.
- Troubleshoot computer related problems involving communications, operating systems, printing, memory management, and other applications; conduct diagnostic testing on computers as needed.
- Provide notification for repair of radio, telephone, security, and communication equipment to Operations Technical staff; for repair of network equipment to Systems technical staff; and for reported applications problems to Applications programming staff.
- Provide technical information to other departmental staff, other sites and end-users; provide training and support in the proper use of computer hardware and software applications; respond to questions or problems in person or on the telephone; drive to various sites to assist users and conduct work as needed.
- Prepare and maintain records and reports related to assigned activities.
- Adhere to strict Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) policies for the maintaining of systems with a secured environment.
- Operate assigned computers' hardware and software systems, and various printers, hard drives, cables and connectors, and other tools as assigned.
- Maintain current knowledge of technological advances.
- Monitor all open problems and issues to be certain they are resolved in a satisfactory and timely manner.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other District employees, outside agencies, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Principles and practices of information technology.
- Personal computers, including hardware and software and related peripheral equipment.
- Configuration and installation for hardware and peripherals.
- Software and systems, including but not limited to Windows operations systems, PC's and network hardware, and desktop application software.
- Basic mathematical principles.
- English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Principles and practices of safety management.
- Principles and practices of effective customer service.
- Perform personal computer hardware and software customer support duties.
- On a continuous basis, know and understand all aspects of the job; intermittently analyze work papers, reports and special projects; identify and interpret technical and numerical information; observe and problem solve operational and technical policies and procedures.
- Diagnose and repair hardware and software problems.
- Train and instruct users in Microsoft Operating Systems and Office Suites, e-mail and internet use and use and operation of a variety of peripheral equipment.
- Interpret problems for computer hardware and software; apply technical knowledge to practical solutions.
- Refer when appropriate to other Information Technology departments for resolution.
- Plan, organize and prioritize assigned tasks and functions efficiently under time and pressure deadlines.
- Provide efficient and timely support to customers.
- Adapt to changes in technology environments.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
One year of technical experience in the support of hardware and end users.
High school diploma or equivalent.
License and Certificate:
Possession of a valid California Class C driver's license. Must pass a background check in order to be cleared to work within a secured environment.