EDI Business Analyst - Jacksonville, FL
Contract to hire
*Must be w2 without sponsorship
The Business Systems Analyst interfaces with business partners (internal and external) and IT in estimating, prioritizing, analyzing, designing, testing and documenting systems applications, from requirements gathering to final implementation and maintenance. SA II's work directly with business partners at various levels within the organization and with outside parties to clarify and define business and technical requirements with sufficient detail to allow IT development staff to collaboratively develop the solution proposal.
- Identify process change initiatives and application enhancements.
- Recommend how the changes should be implemented.
- Proactively consult on large-scale change initiatives.
- Act as Systems subject matter expert (SME). May include leadership/participation in governance or decision making teams/structures.
Systems Analysis and Documentation
- Lead technical estimation activities.
- Provide design feedback on multiple components of a system. Look across systems for integration points.
- Work with business partners and other BTS staff to review business needs and requirements and explore what technical solutions best meet the customer's needs.
- Assist with the development of user requirements and business functional requirements
- Lead the development and documentation of technical functional requirements and non-functional requirements.
- Monitor status of projects and work with others to address issues raised to ensure that scheduled deliverables/release dates can be met.
- Assist with writing test cases, scripts, and/or scenarios, evaluate quality of tests. Participate in testing. Review and certify that test results fulfill business requirements.
- Actively participate in the coordination of the work for projects without a project manager.
- Participate in post-implementation monitoring and evaluation.
- Provide customer support during initial rollout.
- Coordinate with Business Technology Solutions staff and business partners to respond to and resolve customer needs.
- Acts as third level support to Client Services.
- Assist in identifying and resolving system problems. This includes reviewing system logs and querying databases to troubleshoot/research issues.
- Interact with third-parties in documenting issues and following through to resolution.
- Provide input to organization to influence, manage change, and educate to ensure business objectives and goals are met.
- Act as a mentor for other System Analysts.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- 3 - 5 years of progressive work experience designing business processes, process mapping, working on process improvement initiatives and business system design.
- Experience in the writing of detailed technical documentation, specifically business requirements and functional specifications.
- Experience with facilitating JAD sessions or other requirements gathering processes.
- System testing experience.
- Experience with data modeling, relational databases, data structures and design a plus.
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial company a plus.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field of study a plus.
- Demonstrated mastery using PC skills, MS Suite products, and flowcharting tools. Must have a demonstrated mastery using email and electronic scheduling calendars.
- Understanding of web development methodologies, application design, navigation, and information architecture.
- Strong relationship management and collaboration skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently under minimal guidance.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion and make sound decisions.
- Ability to work under pressure. Maintains composure and professionalism in an interrupt-driven environment. Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be flexible and embrace change
- Understanding of OOD (Java, HTML, XML, Java Script and Patterns) and impact to the development process a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of the health care/payer/insurance industry specifically claims processing systems, provider office operations, and customer service processes in a health care company a plus.
- Experience with development of business rules engines.
- Experience analyzing business processes and creating and implementing rules/edits in a rules engine.