Randstad Technologies is hiring for a Senior Unix Administrator for one of our largest clients in the metro-west area.
To provide day-to-day UNIX/Linux systems administration support such as daily-checks on server status, ensuring OS backups, responding to server problems/storage additions, performance problems etc.,
Attend project meetings to understand the UNIX/Linux Infrastructure requirements; design and deliver as requested
location: Marlborough, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 70 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Provides medium to high complexity Infrastructure support activities including off-shift support.
- Completes Infrastructure Engineering and Administration maintenance tasks and analyzes process for improvement.
- Performs medium to high complexity Infrastructure changes and implementations.
- Analyzes potential changes and enhancements to system software and databases to determine impact on existing production systems, system design standards and operating procedures.
- Works as a member of a project team on Business projects. May lead teams on smaller projects.
- Provides direction and guidance to junior associates.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience installing and building Infrastructure and providing operational support within UNIX/Linux area using the latest technology.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of Infrastructure Hardware and Software Technologies and best practices
- Proficient in configuring highly-secure UNIX/Linux systems.
- Expertise in Linux OS installs, patching and troubleshooting skills
- Deeper understanding of Linux technologies and tools is a must (RedHat Satellite server, RHN, Storix backup etc.,)
- Must have UNIX/Linux virtualization experience (VMWare) with in-depth understanding of server hardware.
- Experience with IBM AIX and IBM PowerVM technologies such as Shared Ethernet, NPIV, Dual VIOS, Shared Storage Pool, Live Partition Mobility etc., is a big plus
- Experience with Oracle Exadata/Exalogic/Exalytics platform and OVM (Oracle VM) is a big plus
- UNIX security, Sarbanes-Oxley and Audit Compliance experience required.
- Expertise in Shell programming is a must for this position to automate day to day System Administration tasks as well as to maintain the existing scripts
- Experience with Automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet are required to automated daily repeatable tasks
- A good understanding of Container technology and experience with Docker, OpenShift is a big plus
- Must have good experience on UNIX/Linux networking, routing technology.
- Basic understanding of firewall
- Experience with server Disaster Recovery procedures and practices using storage replication and backups
- Prior experience of leading infrastructure projects and overall Project Management abilities are preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and be able to adapt to changing business needs. Strong follow up skills and problem solving ability is a must.
- Must have strong analytical and interpersonal skills, as well as outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- The following technical skills are a plus: DB2, Oracle DB, WebSphere, Apache, LDAP, EMC Disk/Storage Management, IBM PowerHA, MQSeries, Tivoli Monitoring
- Strong knowledge of the organization, processes and customers
- Advanced in incident and change management principles and best practices
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.