- St. Louis, MO (Downtown)
- 5-6 mo Contract
- 10% Travel
- US Citizenship or Green Card Required
- Market Rate
The Center for Learning Innovation is looking for an experienced Contractor Learning Technologist. The Contractor Learning Technologist will bring to the table a strong capacity to use audio visual tools, as well as, web development technologies, eLearning development tools, and has a basic understanding of principles of instructional design and web design to produce quality instructional materials for use throughout the company. The Learning Technologist also works closely with instructional designers, project managers, application developers, customers, and other staff in fulfillment of these responsibilities.
- Promote effective collaboration with instructional designers, project managers, and customers to identify business needs and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Develop browser based courseware to operate within a SCORM API compliant LMS.
- Assess and troubleshoot reported issues with courseware, in particular problems with the SCORM API, to determine the cause of the problem, and repair the issue.
- Produce web pages, web-sites and other web-based products to be used in training employees.
- Utilize vendor-supplied applications/tools/products to produce course materials as necessary.
- Collaborate on the creation of project plans for course production, including providing time estimates for potential project work.
- Assure all deliverables meet established course blueprints.
- Remain current with and have a thorough understanding of recent technology and trends in online education.
- Bachelor degree in information technology, multimedia, graphic design, education or related field or commensurate experience.
- 4+ years' experience in creating online educational content, web site creation/maintenance, or a related field.
- Experience with video and audio production.
- Experience with Graphic Design.
- Experience with web development/production tools (e.g. Adobe Creative tools).
- Experience with fundamental web technologies (HTML5, CSS3, etc.).
- Fluency in navigating the web and using web-based tools to facilitate work, learning, collaboration, productivity, etc.
- Experience with learning management systems, along with SCORM and xAPI.
- Experience maintaining .NET applications.
- Experience with instructional design.
- Ability to work independently and on a team.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and systems.
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to concurrently manage multiple assignments and deadlines.
- Ability to follow established procedures/protocol in file structure, versioning, archiving, etc.
- Candidates with less education or experience may be hired at a lower job grade and/or salary.
- Travel (10%)