Develops, installs and maintains cost-effective methods of manufacturing and establishes fair and equitable manufacturing operating standards. Supervises the functions of the engineering and development and ensures the most economical and feasible method is utilized.
1. Serves as a positive role model consistent with corporate culture at all times.
2. Participates at the initiation phase of new product lines to assist in design for cost-effective manufacturing, building tooling by motion economy principles.
3. Develops and designs workplace layout through the use of motion economy principles handling, devices, etc.
4. Develops, installs and maintains equitable standards. For most standards, conventional stop watch techniques may be used.
5. Measures variances to standards, identifies out-of control variances, investigates reasons, suggests solutions, installs and follows up.
6. Keeps abreast of the trend of technology; investigates and installs most effective methods of manufacturing to keep company at competitive edge at all times.
7. Keeps tally of the method changes reducing cost of production and strives for budgeted goal.
8. Develops management information systems for planning and control purposes.
9. Conducts a continuous search of new materials, processes and procedures to enhance and improve product line.
10. Prepares accurate cost analyses of new equipment and coordinates implementation.
11. Represents the company's position and interest effectively in dealings with outside contractors, vendors and engineering consultants.
12. Participates in daily production meetings and attends other project meetings assigned.
13. Travels to other company facilities as required.
1. Other duties as assigned.
2. Assists in sales presentations and design meetings.
3. Ensures that external and internal customers' needs are met.
B.S. degree in Industrial Engineering or related field.
One or two years experience in Industrial Engineering.
1. Communicates with associates and other business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
2. Ability to convey a positive and professional image to applicants and associates.
3. Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
4. Efficient in using the AS400, intranet and internet.
5. Follows oral and written instructions.
6. Sound knowledge of engineering theory and design criteria.
7. Experienced in technical computer language and applications.
8. Must be familiar with a variety of manufacturing processes, material selection and product testing in addition to sketching, layout and drafting work.
9. Provides functional guidance for administrative support and needs.
10. Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, stay organized and perform accurately.
1. Occasionally lifts/and or carries objects about the facility up to 35 lbs. or uses the proper equipment.
2. Close visual work on the computer for long periods of time.
3. Ability to read, write and communicate 100% of the time via phone, e-mail or in person to internal and external customers.
4. Moves frequently about the facility, walking, bending, stooping and reaching.
5. Able to remain in a stationary position standing or sitting 50% of the time.
1. Exposed to shop elements such as noise, odors and fumes.