Geospatial Solutions Developer - GIS Back-End and Integration Specialist ( Programmer III)
Top 5 Skills :
ArcGIS Online / Portal for ArcGIS / ArcGIS Server / ArcGIS Desktop
Google Earth Engine
Open Source Libraries GDAL/OGR
Job Description :
We are looking for a Geospatial Solutions Backend and Integration specialist. Primary focus of this role will be in developing the backend needs for geospatial data capturing, storage, analysis and integration.
- Design, develop, and implement custom components, services, and scripts for an enterprise applications.
- Build Geospatial analytical models and automation tools.
- Support the current ArcGIS and Open Source infrastructure by maintaining and developing new capabilities.
- Support designing, developing and managing web mapping applications using ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS Online, including Apps for the Field & Office.
- Ensures the administration, integrity, performance and accessibility of the GIS software, services and systems.
- Provides advanced technical support to internal users and external customers, identifies problems and/or issues, and provides resolution in a timely manner.
- Provide support, troubleshooting, modifications, enhancements and maintenance for existing GIS applications, scripts, tools and web services.
- Create and maintain system related documentation.
Educational Qualifications and Experience :
- Education: Masters Degree in Geography, Computer Science or equivalent with experience preferred.
Required Skills/ Abilities :
- Experience in spatial data management, particularly using ArcGIS Server, Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Online, Google Earth Engine, and GeoServer.
- Knowledge and experience with ArcGIS ModelBuilder, ArcPy, Web AppBuilder, and ArcGIS Pro
- Strong background in Python / R and other latest scripting languages (minimum of 5 years of experience)
- 5+ years of experience with developing against Relational Database Management Systems, including SQL Server, PostgreSQL or MySQL;
- Strong knowledge and experience in software design principles and performance optimization.
- Experience with GIS concepts and data and programming technologies, including ESRI ArcGIS, Google Earth/Earth Engine/Maps API, OpenLayers, GeoServer, or GDAL
- Experience with Web Services, including XML/JSON, SOAP, or RESTful
- Experience with working on Microsoft Azure, AWS Cloud
- Experience working with spatial data, aerial imagery and map projections.
- Experience using GIS Software's - ArcGIS Desktop and Server, FME, GDAL/OGR, GeoServer
- Experience with ESRI API's (Java Script, Python) and ESRI SDK
- Experience with license management systems with ARCGIS and ERDAS
- Administering ArcGIS Online, Portal for ArcGIS and consuming web services to create maps and applications which uses Collector, Operations Dashboard, Survey 123, and other open source forms of mobile field data collection
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal) in English. Other languages a plus.