Job Title: PC Technician
Summary: This job is responsible for installing, modifying and making minor repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems and providing technical assistance and training to system users.
Essential Functions of the Job: The essential functions of this job require the person, with or without reasonable accommodations, to perform the following:
- Setup new users with hardware and software based on user requirements. Installing and setting up programs such as Windows OS, McAfee, MS Office applications including email, VoIP, various printers, VPN connections.
- Maintain and repair technological equipment or peripheral devices with regular upgrades.
- Offering technical support by phone, on-site or remote session in a timely manner. Diagnose systems hardware, software, and operator problems. Instruct users in use of equipment, software, and manuals. Recommend or perform minor remedial actions to correct problems. Coordinate activities with help desk, network services, or other information systems groups.
- Lift or move up to 25 pounds when installing or assisting service personnel in installation of hardware and peripheral components.
- Possess and apply broad technical knowledge and hands on experience regarding hardware and software systems.
- Keep accurate documentation for future reference.
Recommended Education and/or Experience
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Associates Degree in a related field; or minimum two years related experience; or combination of education and related experience.