Senior Java Developer
Senior Developer - Trade Management
As a senior developer within the Trade Management team, the successful applicant will work to evolve our trade capture and post trade processing capabilities. This role provides great exposure to the internal workings equities business, the lifecycle of derivatives and the trade capture process within a large investment bank. The successful applicant will actively participate in the design, development and implementation of distributed applications within a mature ecosystem. The successful applicant is expected to have a passion for technology and software, the ability to think strategically and hands-on experience developing robust, testable software within large production systems under tight deadlines.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, engineering or a related field with 7+ years of experience in Information Technology
- 5+ years of experience in building and integrating Java, J2EE applications
- Commercial experience developing in Python
- Passionate focus on software quality, agile and CI/CD practices
- Strong understanding of testing approaches (unit/integration/acceptance) and knowledge of at least one mocking framework.
- Experience in SQL & JDBC, RESTful web services and JSON.
- Demonstrable experience of successful delivery within full-life cycle projects
- Strong analytical skills and a keen ability to solve problems, perform research and derive strategic solutions to complex problems.
- Impeccable interpersonal communication skills
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience with Oracle
- Experience of BDD and DDD practices and implementation patterns
- Experience with Equity Derivatives or other derivative systems