Information Architect, HIE (Health Information Exchange)
In the role of Information Architect, you will collaborate on various EMR implementations to ensure appropriate data and system information architecture for business intelligence applications and interoperability applications. You will provide strategic direction and oversight for information architecture of clinical and non-clinical BI applications as well as various interoperability projects supporting data exchange between EMR systems.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Provides strategic direction and oversight for creating clinical, semantic and technical requirements for Analytics and Business Intelligence applications.
- Works with key stakeholders to understand business needs in the context of available system functionality. Provides oversight to both clinical and technical teams ensuring deployment of scalable analytic and business intelligence applications while leveraging common sets of tools and processes.
- Provides expertise in data modeling and data governance for Business Intelligence applications. Leads the development of data governance model for data access control, data definition process and data stewardship.
- Manages clinical and business data modelers/analysts in developing conceptual and logical data models for data warehousing and BI applications.
- Provides analytical and consultative expertise in architecting integration. Works with clinical and quality expert groups within the Health System to understand clinical workflow requirements and design appropriate and efficient interoperability and integration designs while leveraging various available tools for data extraction and data transformation.
- Utilizes clinical, technical and analytical skills in evaluation proposed projects and makes recommendations. Ensures quality execution of projects.
- Selects, develops, manages and evaluates direct reports.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Business Administration or related field, required.
- Minimum five (5) years progressively responsible business intelligence, data analysis and project management experience, required.
- Strong knowledge of data sources and data characteristics in a healthcare environment, including database design and report development, required.
- Experience with Microsoft SSRS, Business Objects, IBM or Oracle systems, required.
- Knowledge of clinical terminologies and medical vocabulary tools, preferred.
- Training in medical informatics or experience in a clinical informatics setting, preferred.
- Thorough understanding of interoperability concepts and familiarity with Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise (IHE) and Healthcare Information Technology Standards Panel (HITSP) standards, preferred. Programming experience in any scripting language, preferred.