Active Directory Engineer
The Sr. Active Directory Engineer should possess in depth technical knowledge and hands-on experience with Active Directory Domain Services. The engineer's primary responsibilities consist of Consolidation and Migration of Domains, directory/site design, group policy architecture troubleshooting, and certificate services support.
Responsibilities and Experience
- Experience working with developers and leading the effort to document directory services application dependencies and integration points. Related experience leading the migration effort from legacy directories to a consolidated global directory.
- Scripting, Automation, and Configuration Management
- Experience writing complex PowerShell scripts to support loading Active Directory accounts. Related experience using ADMT to migrate accounts and/or SID history.
- Experience with PowerShell DSC and using scripting to automate configuration management.
- Experience planning multi-forest trust relationships and integrating with complex DNS namespaces.
- Project based experience extending Active Directory to cloud services such as AWS and Azure.
- Expert level knowledge of DNS
- Experience supporting both internal (Active Directory) and externally hosted DNS platforms
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to create and deliver presentations to IT leadership.
- Design, development, implementation, and maintenance of large-scale systems, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms
- Working knowledge of IT Service Management framework and/or ITIL concepts and practices.
- Extensive experience with performance analysis, tuning and optimizing.
- Understanding of operational challenges and dependencies as they relate to infrastructure decisions.
- Sensitivity to security best practices as related to infrastructure and application architectures