The role of the UCCE Engineer focuses on deploying fully designed, architected complex UCCE and contact center solutions. In this role you will be the primary subject Matter Expert working exclusively with the architecture and project management teams in deploying global unified communications systems over their life cycles. The UCCE Engineer bridges the boundaries between architecting and operations by managing the development and deployment of Unified Communications & Collaboration systems.
location: San Antonio, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $107,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
- Manages subordinate management and/or experienced specialist employees who exercise significant latitude and independence. Often heads one or more departments.
- Identify, direct and manage 3rd party vendors as required to meet project demands.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for infrastructure administration and project delivery.
- Participate in the development of IT strategies in collaboration with the architecture team and represents organization on specific projects.
- Provides input on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all infrastructure procurement and development efforts.
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Interprets and administers policies, processes and procedures that may affect sections and subordinate work units
- Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for infrastructure projects and associated efforts.
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure infrastructure-specific services.
- Ensure adherence to governance oversight as defined by Change Management, Release Management, Security and Compliance.
- Conduct feasibility studies for various upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions.
- Develops budgets schedules and performance standards for near- and long-term financial forecasts for expanded functionality/user base.
- Interacts frequently with internal and external management and senior-level representatives concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, and/or contractual clarifications. Leads briefings and technical meetings of internal and external representatives.
- Practice IT asset management, including maintenance of component and license inventory and related documentation.
- Monitors budgets and operational effectiveness, develops strategies for adjusted courses of action and develops new techniques to support innovative solutions and removes barriers to change.
- Direct and administrate a contingent of server and storage analysts and technicians, and where necessary, conduct performance reviews and corrective action.
- Manage Level III break fix support for critical incidents.
- 10 years of experience in a large scale telephony environment with a BA or 8 years with MA delivering infrastructure design and operational excellence.
- 5 years experience of working in a Call Center environment required.
- 5 years of applicable CTI experience
- 5 years experience in working in Cisco Enterprise Collaboration environments required (Jabber/Webex/Telepresense/Conferencing)
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Cisco Certified Voice Professional (CCVP-Voice) certification required and passage of CCIE is desired.
- Four-year university degree or college diploma in the field of computer sciences or 15 years equivalent work experience.
- Must have enterprise experience with managing contact centers
- Proven experience with seeing through long range strategic efforts
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.