Our client is looking for a Business Analyst for direct-hire opportunity in Denver, CO to be supporting a project in North Carolina.
The business analyst provides support for the north carolina enrollment broker project including capturing and documenting software requirements and providing business analysis support for operations issues.
The analyst - business analysis collaborates with business and technology stakeholders to elicit, capture, store and manage business and user requirements for software solutions. This position performs analysis in support of site operational efficiencies, and does other analytical activities as needed.
Essential job duties
- make recommendations to support senior analysts in working with business and technology stakeholders to elicit, capture, and manage business and user requirements for software solutions by communicating routine information in a clear and accurate way
- perform assignments within prescribed guidelines from active participation and when requested facilitate requirements in gathering sessions
- propose recommendations and anticipate in developing detailed business and user requirement artifacts to ensure that project requirements are understood by both business and technology stakeholders
- perform analysis on business issues as requested which includes: understanding the issue, gathering input from impacted parties, organizing and analyzing information, documenting the pros and cons to possible solution options, recommending a solution and presenting results
- develop and maintain close working relationships with senior business analysts and key business and technology stakeholders
- research and analyze software defects including supporting defect tracking and evaluating software defects against the documented requirements
- analyze, develop & assist to help execute test scenarios in user acceptance testing by supporting the development and execution of uat teams and test results
- attend meetings, take notes, and provide other project support as requested
- perform other duties as assigned by leadership
Education and experience requirements
- bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required
- 3+ years of experience as a business or requirements analyst
- strong analytical and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- experience with it systems development lifecycles using structured methodologies
- experience with business process modeling
- experience working with relational databases
- ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- proficiency in microsoft office products
- experience in government health insurance preferred
location: Denver, Colorado
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 88,000 per year
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.